Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im about ready to change out my front pads and i know my rotors are old and cannot be resurfaced so i was looking to upgrade a little while im there. My buddy has a mach 1 and it has drilled and slotted and they look great. ive been doing my research and ive heard some people say any drilled rotor is prone to cracking and what not but i dont drive my car all over, its my daily but i maybe put 800 miles a month on her. i do like to race on the weekends so stopping power is something id like to have. im trying not to spend a fortune because im still in high school and after buying my car and insurance for an 18 yr old in a gt every month its a struggle but well worth it. so i found these rotors and they look similar to the ones my buddy has, what im wondering is are they worth the buy? any help is very much appreciated thanks!

2 Front Premium Cross Drilled and Slotted Brake Rotors - eBay (item 270718734835 end time Apr-10-11 09:19:45 PDT)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man, and how do you like the v2? i was looking into a D1 or kenne bell 2.1 this summer when i get some money

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
I would prefer a kenne bell if I had the money but the V2 with an intercooler is great for the price - much lower intake temps for a stock engine.

·
Registered
6,093 Posts
Drilled and slotted rotors are prone to crack if you heat cycle them like when you're road racing. Otherwise they should be fine. They won't stop you any faster or better but they do look cool. If you want to stop better then I would go with an upgrade to your rotors AND calipers.

John

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have cross drilled slotted rotors with ceramic brake pads and the stop really good I use my car for drag strips racing no brake fade and yes they do look cooler.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Yep got all 4 drilled n slotteed rotors with pads brand new off E-Bay a while back for $180

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the info anyone have a good link for a good set for cheap?

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
I also run the drilled/slotted ebay rotors

1 - 10 of 10 Posts