Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to also upgrade my braking system. When buying rotors, are drilled/slotted rotors worth the money?

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
For a daily driver, no. Slotted rotors are nice, though you won't feel a huge (if any) difference in braking response. If you go for aggressive pads, you'll want to break them in by essentially standing on the brakes from 60 to 20 mph a few times then shutting the car down until they cool down.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
^Nice gt, i love the two tone on our cars

·
Registered
594 Posts
I have looking into these systems as well. As far as I can tell, there isn't a huge difference except for weight unless you get in to the top dollar ones. (brembo, etc.)

I would think that they would warp easier as well because of the subtracted rigidity due to the slots. Although I could be wrong...they cool a lot faster as well.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I think they're sexy. They're still gonna do it's job once ya press the brake pedal, so if ya want some extra epicness, I'd say get em.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I would say the Cobra upgrade is well worth it though, with 2-piston fronts make a solid difference and you can do it for $600 or so.

·
Registered
842 Posts

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
i love my slotted and drilled. I dont worry so much about warping the rotors if im playing hard and they look like sex. :) i say do it!

·
Registered
489 Posts
I had a set of slotted/drilled rotors for years. They look and perform great. I can't imagine someone warping a set on the street. You need to really get them hot and then hit them with water to warp. I warped mine finally at a track event during a rain storm. I hit a puddle of water after a big stop and the next time I had to brake the peddle shook, done. I say go for it and get them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts