Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wobderjng what yall think the besy way to get the drive shaft bolts out?? :)
Impact rench or wha?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Was wobderjng what yall think the besy way to get the drive shaft bolts out?? :)
Impact rench or wha?
A boxed end wrench should do the trick. Getting an impact on there might be tricky because of the universal joint being right there. If you need more leverage, slip a pipe over the end of the wrench.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
+1 on the box end wrench, believe it's a 12 point. Can't really get an impact on there without using a swivel socket and for something that's got thread sealant on it I wouldn't use a swivel socket.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I don't know about a box wrench. My DS bolts have 12-point heads - think they are 12mm. I'd say an impact wrench would be easiest if you can fit it in there.

Otherwise a socket with long breaker bar - problem is, unless you have a lift or can get the car jacked really high, you won't have much room to put some leverage on the breaker bar.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
i always use a short 12mm 12 pt socket on a 2" extension with my impact

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i was able to get an impact on there but shiii drive shaft bolts got striped lmao
sigh so yea i got that tool to remove stiped bolts

and idk i hope it gets them off lol
i had to go buy new bolts from ford 12 bucks for all 4 :p

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Idk how you guys were able to get them off with just a socket lol my friend's impact wouldn't even take mine off. I'll be attempting with an air gun this weekend hopefully

·
Registered
135 Posts
1/2" drive 12 point 12mm socket 3" extension and 1/2 drive rachet. No wonder you rounded them off with a impact. Its hard to get on them straight with rachet. I can't imagine trying it with an impact.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
They make 12 point box end wrenches, that with a 3 foot pipe slipped over the wrench and it comes loose. Of course this is with the car up on a lift.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
They make 12 point box end wrenches, that with a 3 foot pipe slipped over the wrench and it comes loose. Of course this is with the car up on a lift.
+1. I got mine off with a big ass breaker bar, 12 pt socket and a good bit of clearance.

·
Banned from AFM member!
783 Posts
You guys need to drink some milk and do some pushups or something. All I needed was a wrench, as I recall. :)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
lol for all those who claim they can do it with their bare hands and a wrench, I welcome you to make your way to jersey and yank these bolts off for me!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts