Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3.8 with the 5spd and 7.5 rear
which aluminum driveshaft would be used? Ford Racing lists M4206-J or would it be the M4206-G. I can't figure out which one to purchase. Has anybody had one installed?

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
do aluminum driveshafts make a difference, as far as bolt ons? did u feel a difference chris?

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
No, I only got it because someone on this forum was selling it pretty cheap. I bought mine for like $125 shipped. used a few times at the track from a 9second fox.
I also put it in when my first motor blew. so the car got tuned and h/c/i after so its hard to tell you if there was a difference felt. I dont think its worth $250...im glad i got mine when i did lol

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
x2 for NO.
:yes

ive heard on the s197 model cars its great since you save nearly double the weight. i think our cars is like 8-11lbs vs the newer cars you save like 23lbs or so...
but it is double the price for a 1 piece aluminum driveshaft on a s197 model. lol that'll never go in my stocker

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Will the aluminum driveshaft help cure driveline vibration like they claim? What are the other options? Can the oem driveshaft be rebalanced? I picked up the vibration after I had 3.73 gears installed. Installation was done by Ford Dealer. I notice it in 5th gear.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts