Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so in late april I'm going to install my eibach pro kit tokico shocks and UPR camber kit. Do I need anything else? So far I have rear spring isolators. I need the front spring isolators, offset rack and pinion bushings. could I install the springs without the spring isolators? I was thinking it will drop my car a hair lower.

For the driveline I have a FFRP aluminum driveshaft and I'm changing my tranny fluid with syncromax royal purple. I know there's a keyway slot in the yoke and that has to be lined up. and when I bolt the driveshaft in does it have to be bolted in one way or can it bolt upside down?

·
Registered
627 Posts
doesnt matter how you bolt it to the differential. ive taken my driveshaft off about 3 times, but the yoke always just slides into the transmission, it has teeth but i think there all the same

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay cool. I heard some people on hear damage there seals taking installing the driveshafts in how likely does that happen?

·
Registered
659 Posts
your talking about the seal when you take off the yoke that is attached to your pinion. You shouldn't have to worry about that since you taking off your driveshaft.

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
Is it safe to install springs without spring isolators?
isolators have nothing to do with safty. they simply help prevent any noise from being generated from the springs metal on metal with the control arms.. no isolators and your car will sit a little lower too.

The ghetto way to get away wiht out using isolators and still keep the noise away is rap up the last coil of each spring with some electrical tape.

·
Registered
458 Posts
isolators have nothing to do with safty. they simply help prevent any noise from being generated from the springs metal on metal with the control arms.. no isolators and your car will sit a little lower too.

The ghetto way to get away wiht out using isolators and still keep the noise away is rap up the last coil of each spring with some electrical tape.
Some Fuel line on the last coil will work much better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts