Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all,
I have been a long time mustang enthusiast but brand new to this site and the modification world but am now finally at a time when I can begin making my vehicle what I want it to be. My question pertains to upgrading the driveline in my '06 GT. The most appealing setup I have seen thus far is the 6 speed upgrade kit from D&D Performance. The vehicle is currently sitting at 448 RWHP and 400 RWTQ and I know both the stock driveline and rotating assembly are in need of an update before continuing the power upgrades, so it's simply a matter of choosing which one to go with first. Any suggestions pointing me in a good direction with all required parts from the clutch on back would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and I look forward to being here for a long time in this community.

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
mo info

+1:withhomo and we gotta know what ya did to it to get to where you are...

:cool:I think you will hear the word "forged" and "suspension" once these guys know what you have:cool:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All I have done to it so far is a Paxton Novi 2200 supercharger kit with intercooler, of course the necessary fuel system upgrades, flowmaster single chamber mufflers, and a hurst shifter to improve the feel. The tune was custom written for this vehicle as the one that came on the predator sucked. (It wouldn't even run)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Has anyone had any issue with swapping out their driveshaft for the one piece aluminum one? I've done a little research,and have been told to wait on that swap,because some people are having vibrating problems???:confused:

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I swapped mine out for the power house 1 piece drive shaft about 1 year ago.
Never had any issues whatsoever with it.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
There is a member here that has a transmission shop. I don't remember his name, but I will find it for you.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Good day all,
I have been a long time mustang enthusiast but brand new to this site and the modification world but am now finally at a time when I can begin making my vehicle what I want it to be. My question pertains to upgrading the driveline in my '06 GT. The most appealing setup I have seen thus far is the 6 speed upgrade kit from D&D Performance. The vehicle is currently sitting at 448 RWHP and 400 RWTQ and I know both the stock driveline and rotating assembly are in need of an update before continuing the power upgrades, so it's simply a matter of choosing which one to go with first. Any suggestions pointing me in a good direction with all required parts from the clutch on back would be greatly appreciated. Thank you and I look forward to being here for a long time in this community.
I am not familiar with D&D Performance but I have a buddy doing a conversion to a T56 and I will get you the list. Have you thought about building the motor first or is that not an option at this time? The reason I say that is because with stock internals you are limited to the current HP you are running.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ok I got it. My buddy bought his kit from D&D Performance. He said the kit comes complete from them for about $4,000.00. He said it is the TR6060 which is the 6 speed from a GT super car. He said he loves it. The kit includes.

Transmission ( With Fluid)
Short throw Shifter
Crossmember
One piece driveshaft
He also said he had to buy a longer wiring harness that cost him like $18.00 from the dealer. So you are on the right track dealing with D&D. Let me know how it works.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Excellent. I am glad to hear good about D & D. I could do some work to the engine now, but would rather strengthen the driveline since I'd like to have no worries about regularly running drag radials / slicks on the weekends. After I am sure the driveline can handle whatever I throw at it, then it's game on with the engine. Thanks for all your input.
-Dan

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
The Spydershaft is the most popular, and I would have to say the Powerhouse d/s is in second place.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts