Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short I need to replace it :facepalm: Is it possible to unplug from inside the car without needing to remove the entire dash? Anything else I need to know?

I posted this to the modular forum but it got pushed down pretty quick, I suppose it actually belongs here though.

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
Pull the kick panel off, and you will see where it connects. Then pull it out of the door through the speaker hole.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I've seen the wires under the kick panel, the problem is that they aren't the right ones (I've heard that they are the right ones for different years though) Yeah someone on another forum said "The connectors behind the kick panels don't have the same color wires as the wire harness in the door. Since I was having trouble locating the connectors I took off the passenger side and can see the connectors way up under the dash." and another person said "you're going to have a hell of a time without pulling the dash out. it can be done, but you need to go purely by feel and not by sight." so yeah I was just wondering if anyone had some advice for that and taking it out of the door itself. I'm not going to remove the dash as this has been a long enough project already.

EDIT: Well I got both of them unplugged, it was a PITA and not particularly good engineering in my opinion. Just glad that I didn't have to remove the entire dash, thanks for the input!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts