Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to my first race tomorrow night. i dont currently have a driveshaft loop and dont really have the money to buy one. it isnt going to be a nhra event or anything. just a test and tune night. here is the rule "A driveshaft loop is required on all cars running 13.99 (8.59) seconds and quicker, except vehicles running 13.00 and slower equipped with street tires." Im guessing that im going to run around 13.0 - 13.5. Im going to be using "mt et streets"

would those tires be classified as street tires and therefore i would not need the loop, or would they call it a slick anyways and require that i get one.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
you should have one reguardless

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
get one unless you like driveshaft shaped dents in your skull.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
You can run without one until the track tech says you can't. The rules and interpretation he feels like going with at the time are all that matter.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
im not asking for opinions on weather i "should" have one or not. im simply asking if i can run without one.
Can you look down the barrel of a gun and pull the trigger?

Yes

Should you?

No

Unless the tech guy looks for one, you'll be able to run, but it is not a great idea.

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Haha ^

Youll be fine bro, i ran 12.2s with slicks and broke my rear and i dont have a loop but he told me to get one with my soft compound type of tire.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
When it rips through the thin sheet metal into the cabin.

My cousin had his drive shaft come off and it went right threw the back of his jeep.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
It will mess your car up if it fails at a good speed. U dont wanna go thru the hassle of changing rocker panels, or pounding dents out of your floorboard... you get the picture.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Just man up and spend the money for one

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
What is required has been stated. all slicks, or drag radials require a loop.

·
Banned
464 Posts
What is required has been stated. all slicks, or drag radials require a loop.
he didn't ask what he needs to run an nhra event, he wants to know what you need to run at the local track.

i told him the minimum he needs to run at orlando speed world on a test and tune night. helmet and seatbelt if youre 13.99 and faster... 14.00 and slower, no helmet...

·
Registered
852 Posts
Yeah man it's definately a worthy investmant but not neccessary to to make a few passes... atleast the tech guys around here aren't that strict

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
he didn't ask what he needs to run an nhra event, he wants to know what you need to run at the local track.

i told him the minimum he needs to run at orlando speed world on a test and tune night. helmet and seatbelt if youre 13.99 and faster... 14.00 and slower, no helmet...

(407) 568-5522 I was told it was a NHRA sanctioned track, and all NHRA rules apply. dont believe me? call em yourself.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts