Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
09 mustang GT

how do i remove my drive shaft.

it was so much easier with my 01 cobra....

this is a 2 piece shaft.

i have already removed the 4 bolts up front at the tranny and the 2 bolts to the safety loop.

do i next unbolt all the bolts at the rear axle?? or at the joining point of the 2 part driveshaft??

please help fast, car on jacks now. need this clutch in by monday....

thanks.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
09 mustang GT

how do i remove my drive shaft.

it was so much easier with my 01 cobra....

this is a 2 piece shaft.

i have already removed the 4 bolts up front at the tranny and the 2 bolts to the safety loop.

do i next unbolt all the bolts at the rear axle?? or at the joining point of the 2 part driveshaft??

please help fast, car on jacks now. need this clutch in by monday....

thanks.

I don't think it matters if you remove the pinion flange bolts or the carrier bearing bolts first. I think I did my carrier bearing bolts next but it was a long time ago.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, now i have removed the bolts at the axle aswell.... all bolts removed. 4 at tranny, 2 at the carrier bearing your talking about, and 6 (i think) at the axle.......

what do i do now, it will not come off.

do i need to move it forward towards the tranny or back towards teh axle??

·
Registered
623 Posts
ok, now i have removed the bolts at the axle aswell.... all bolts removed. 4 at tranny, 2 at the carrier bearing your talking about, and 6 (i think) at the axle.......

what do i do now, it will not come off.

do i need to move it forward towards the tranny or back towards teh axle??
It's stuck, it needs to move towards the trans a little. Give it a tap tap tap-a-roo.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
it's always a good idea to mark it's position with a paint/grease pen before removing also

1 - 5 of 5 Posts