Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any manufacturer reccomendations to purchase from???

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
get one made for you car, not a universal one...that is my only suggestion.

·
Registered
371 Posts
or just loctite your driveshaft bolts for safety, i dont know that driveshaft saftely loops are ever needed, if they are someone will chime in and tell me im wrong... haha

·
Registered
638 Posts
they're needed if you haul ass down the track! Depending on your times you will need it, just like you need a helmet when you're well into the 13's. But it all depends on your track safety regulations.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
When your front U-joint fails the drive shaft will destroy everything in site including the underside of your car, you, fuel lines, brake lines and can send the car air borne...definitely a good idea to have one if you take your car to the track and race with slicks or DOT slicks. Most tracks require them if you have slicks.

·
Registered
371 Posts
figures i lose on this one.... hahah like usual, info assimilated though

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
mythbusters did an episode where they purposely tried to get a car to flip by breaking the driveshaft and even getting it into a pothole at the right time it wouldnt go...but they are good to have not to f up your car..

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
mythbusters did an episode where they purposely tried to get a car to flip by breaking the driveshaft and even getting it into a pothole at the right time it wouldnt go...but they are good to have not to f up your car..
I saw that episode, and if I remember right it broke the rear end instead of lifting the car up, either way at 100+ mph the last thing I want is a loose driveshaft under the car.:eek:

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Everyone sells a fox body specific safety loop starting at about $30. Cheap insurance in my opinion. Remember for most people, that thing is spinning 3.73 times faster than your back tires.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
get one made for you car, not a universal one...that is my only suggestion.
Would you just make it out of some thick steel, basicly fabricate it yourself? Just wondering why you wouldn't buy one from Summit or some place? Just curious

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
No, I'm not saying that, I mean, buy one made for the make and model of your car and not a "universal" one size fits all model.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, I'm not saying that, I mean, buy one made for the make and model of your car and not a "universal" one size fits all model.
Sounds good now I see what your saying. Thanks for your help. I plan on getting one from Summit.

·
Registered
201 Posts
it's a $30 part that could save you car and/or your life. The question is: Why NOT have it???

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
LOL! I guess Myth Busters has never been to the race track when a car lost the front u-joint. I know there are videos on Youtube of some u-joint catastrophes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts