Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm looking to buy an aluminium driveshaft for a customer's 07 Shelby GT (4,6L).
Summit racing has only one driveshaft listed for the Shelby GT but it's made of steel. For the regular Mustang GT there are a few in aluminium. Some other sites list application for both models as well as the same for manual and auto transmission. I just want to make sure before ordering. I've asked Summit and a Ford dealer but they aren't 100% sure...anybody here know???

·
Registered
514 Posts
They are interchangable, as long as they are the same trans (man vs. auto) ... no idea why they would list it fitting one but not the other, but I have seen that same issue on the Summit site

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The one I was looking for was a Steeda alu. Got a hold of a tech there at Steeda and he claimed that the one for the ordinary GT would fit. I'll order that one and hope it'll bolt right on. It's just a little nerv wrecking when paying a lot for overseas shipping and not beeing sure. Thanks for the help.

·
All sissies going to Hell!
5,818 Posts
Same trans, same driveshaft. She will fit. One of the best mods you can do also.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
It says that you don't have to change the pinion angle because of the CV in the rear. Sounds nice if that's true. Who all runs that ds?

·
Registered
13,626 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
It says that you don't have to change the pinion angle because of the CV in the rear. Sounds nice if that's true. Who all runs that ds?
Most of the guys on FnSweet. Many switched to that unit after vibration problems with shafts from other vendors.

dimora that is a nice shaft! lol
That's what my wife says. :naughty:

So I don't thread-jack...PM me some pics of that hood / hood pins on your car. I just bought a Trufiber 3" cowl and am studying how to set up my pins. I currently have the Scott Drake pins on my factory hood.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts