Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to know the length of the drive shaft of a 2.3 manual foxbody . i have searched but no luck. im swapping from an auto to manual. i have everything but the drive shaft.... thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm not sure of the length. You can actually use any drive shaft from a 2.3 or 5.0, manual or automatic, other than the A4LD one you have now.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i need a measurement as i am going to get an aluminium one cut down . but thanks anyway.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Early model Foxbody Mustangs (1979-1983 ½) had a diameter of 2.75 inches and a length ranging between 45.51 inches and 46.25 inches. The later models, starting halfway through 1983, were equipped with a beefier 3 inch diameter driveshaft with an average length of 45.49 inches. - First thing that popped up on a Google search. Looks like there could be some variance.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
really anybody else????????????? i know what google search is... i thought maybe some one could actually measure one for me ? the aluminium one the summit sales is 45.5 just wanted to know for sure by some one measuring for me ..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts