Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are certain driveshafts that will not work with certain drops and certain aftermarket shifters. I want to order the spydershaft next week, I will have a MGW shifter and a 1.6" drop in the front with a 1.4" drop in the back. Under the description of the Spydershaft, it says it is a 3.5" shaft tapering to a 4"...school me on some knowledge.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Question on the aluminum drive shaft.....I heard for our model mustang it will cause vibrations at certain speeds? I did not have that issue with my 90 LX, but then again the stock shaft was a one piece not a two piece like ours.

·
Registered
194 Posts
A properly made and installed Drive Shaft should not vibrate at all. Mine has seen over 120 mph and no issues. I would shop for a DS that is designed to fit without an adapter though.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
^ take that **** to a different thread
The question is on the same bases of you thread. I'm sorry but my car is lowered like your's with a steeda shifter, so yes there is the question will it fit but if it does then will there be any vibrations? I was just wondering if you had the answer because I am in the same boat as you, sorry man.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Mickey Mouse, The spyder shaft is made tapered so that it will clear your **** with a drop.

Reactions: Mickey

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no its not the same as my thread, i am asking what shafts will fit with the following and you are trying to discuss d/s vibrations...as previously stated, take that **** to a different thread...kthxbai

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
It's the 4'' shafts that rub the tunnel. And it's the auto transmission equipped cars that have had vibration problems for the most part. I here Spydershafts are ok for them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts