Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just wanted to share a little story/review about the Whipple HO kit. Our shop has two Whippled GTs, one with 483rwhp and the other with 561rwhp. Ernie (shop owner) and I took a drive up to the LA area from San Diego yesterday with the two rides. I was in the convertible (483rwhp) and Ernie in the coupe (561rwhp). As some of you know, my car is only rated at 301rwhp so this was a nice step forward :D. The convertible is daily driven and gets driven HARD everyday and in everyway on a stock motor (20K+ miles). The intent of this thread is to inform those on the fence or debating between blowers that the Whipple is an ungodly machine. The power is INSANE and I feel that no mustang should be N/A ;). It is surprising how reliable the car can be with that much power. Kudos to Whipple and their kit!

Just a reminder, we are discounting all Whipple products for the month of April!!!

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
:pics

AND VIDEO!!!!

Sounds sweet!

My buddy has a Whipple on his '03 and makes some crazy power on very moderate boost and a pump gas tune.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry guys, no video of the trip but I have pics of the car I will put up shortly!

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Just a reminder, we are discounting all Whipple products for the month of April!!![/quote]

How much you selling the whipples for April

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
sounds great... I think I will have my Kenne Bell removed and put a Whipple on now.

NOT!!!

I have had zero problems with mine as well... got to represent for my brand

·
Registered
818 Posts
I
Want
One!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Thats awesome, sadly I'm still on the fence between getting a whipple or KB, i got a few more months before I get back in country to decide though.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
which one makes more power?
KB right?

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very similiar power gains until like 16psi, then KB has better gains.
Not true anymore. That statement was valid before the Whipple generation II hit the market. The problem with Kenne Bells (still a fantastic unit, dont get me wrong) is that they create A LOT of heat. Again, KB guys, not everyone has the heat problems but they are pretty common. One of the main reasons I recommend the Whipple over the KB is customer service. If you have problems with Kenne Bell, you will not be helped quickly. I recommend the Saleen and the Whipple before Kenne Bell, despite the KBs great numbers.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
do they make a custom plate to fit a whipple or KB on a 4.0l yet...
you know like the 3.8 guys have?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
so does this mean you changed your mind about the saleen sc yourself and are going w/ the whipple now?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mickey,

How much will these be for the next month? Drop me a pm price on the black HO if you dont mind as your websire will not pull up for me currently. Thanks and I can't wait..

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
onederful, I am still going with the Saleen to keep the theme of the car. Also, I have never riden or driven a GT with the Saleen blower

tsp 2177, they have not released anything at the moment for that.

blackonblack, PM sent

1 - 20 of 46 Posts