Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in the next week or so, I will be picking up a new hood. The easiest way for me to do it would be to take my hood off and then go get the new one and put it on when I get there. The trip is about 2-2 1/2 hours with highway driving.

Will I have any problems driving there with no hood, or are there certain things I should double check before leaving?

Hopefully someone could help me out because i'm not really sure if it would be ok or not to drive with no hood.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
umm...no, don't do it.
Just drive there, pull yours off and put the new one on. Either bring the old one back or leave it there/sell it there.

·
Torchin tires...
2,206 Posts
I HIGHLY do not recommend doing that. On top of it being illegal...

EDIT: i guess its not illegal in florida

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Why not get the new one shipped to you???
No driving involved.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I dont really see to much of a problem IMO if weather is premitting and **** and your not traveling like 50 miles or more

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
2 1/2 hours and you don't think he's going more than 50 miles?
WHA, WHA, WHAT???

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
My buddy drives his car around without a hood all the time. Not a big deal..

Drives it 2 hours to the track, runs it and drives it home with no hood. its really not a big deal...

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
he is probably meeting someone and buying the hood locally.
I get that. See if it's cool, pay for it and FedEx that bitch home. Or strap to the roof like someone said. Or like I said, install it there post payment.

There are a ton of options that don't include riding down the highway with no hood...Bad idea all the way around.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
other than looking like **** and possibly illegal in some states, are there downsides to this?

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
My buddy drives his car around without a hood all the time. Not a big deal..
Don't know where you are bro, but Florida State Troopers ain't having that ****.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
There is nothing wrong with driving without a hood. Id say as long as it isnt raining and its legal in your state, do it. Id probably do it even if it was illegal. What are they going to say, you are on your way to get a hood for it and its obviously not a truck. You cant just throw it in the back seat. lol

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
^^ agreed **** em, Hey I relalize this isnt the right thread nor on topic but I couldnt remember what it was called nor find the thread, what is the 2 step everyone was running? there was one in particular I remember some one saying they had on sale for christmas and it was soposto be pretty legit? thanks thans sorry sorry just didnt want to start a 2 post thread lol

·
Registered
462 Posts
unless it starts raining, driving without a hood causes no problems. And a big lol to the people that think somethng tragic is goiing to happen if you do....

·
Torchin tires...
2,206 Posts
You should take the doors, bumpers, trunk, and fenders off. **** it, just ride frame sucka!

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
He's going to pick up a new hood. What the **** is the big deal :dunno. Unless someone throws a bowling ball out of the back of their truck in front of you and it just so happens to land in your engine bay, nothing will happen. My dad use to drive his old galaxie without a hood all the time just because it was nice out and the engine was sexy as hell. lol

·
2002 Mustang Gt
2,024 Posts
I drive with no doors on all them time. Why? Because racecar :bubba:

Sent from undisclosed classified area

·
I Have A FLATULENT Butthole.
7,889 Posts
He's going to pick up a new hood. What the **** is the big deal :dunno. Unless someone throws a bowling ball out of the back of their truck in front of you and it just so happens to land in your engine bay, nothing will happen. My dad use to drive his old galaxie without a hood all the time just because it was nice out and the engine was sexy as hell. lol
I did the same with my 4.6... it was sexy as hell :shiftyeyes

No really though I did drive for a few days without one because I was having a buddy repaint it and install my hood scoop. As long as it doesn't rain you'll be alright

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 20 of 52 Posts