Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have already installed the UPR K member with UPR coilovers, kyb struts, MaxMotorsports CC Plates, Steeda Bumpsteer Kit, MOOG Inner Tie Rods, and I still want my car to be lowered out. I feel like after i was done installing that crap it put it back to stock ride height. And i used the extra spacer on top of the CC plates for the "lowered stance" and i compressed the springs as much as i could by hand for the coilovers. Should i look for drop spindles? Can somebody recommend any? Thanks!

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i do not have the spanner wrench.... whats that haha woops ghet mechanics over hur

ps i installed 12-250 springs from upr with k member kit, i feel like they are too stiff... can anyone else confirm???

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
A 250# CO up front is gonna be pretty comparable to an OEM spring, maybe a bit heavier, in terms of rate. What are your ULTIMATE goals here?

Jazzer :)

·
Disturbin' The Peace
4,121 Posts
It would be hard to get a proper alignment. Ive maxed out my MM c/c plates and have the eibach camber bolts and I still have .8 degrees of negative camber.

With the spindles it should be easy to get a good alignment. And you could step down to a 12-200 spring and see how you like that.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well its a DD but i like to road race sometimes. im trying to find rear springs ands lca's to lower it way down im running 18inch rims with 275/40/18 tires. what would make the rear end sit right down maybe 1 inch off tires?

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
would drop spindles be good to look into? I have some things to go on and didn't know if it would be good to have them too. I have mm cc plates, tokico shocks and struts, steeda bumpsteer, moog ball joints.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Get a slightly shorter spring? I have a 10 inch 250 pound spring in mine and I'm at about half a finger gap or so. Only rubs when I turn all the way left or right. I have 275s up front as well.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Well if your compressing the springs with the adjusters, you are raising the car. Back off the preload and your car will drop. You should only have to preload the springs a couple turns.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts