Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the step-by-step, but I never done it. Im throwing in Steedas' and I wanted to do it in the garage. Why cant I just leave the wheels on, loosen the sway bar end links and unbolt the strut end from the lower control arm?Then jack the car up until the spring pops loose? Is there an easier way tp take these things out? I dont care about having to buy another tool.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
they get in the way of the bolts you have to fight the steering and it would just be a pita with them onits 10 nuts....come on

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
you have to take the wheels off. i can't see how you could even unbolt the sway bar end links with the wheels still on, and you're also not going to unbolt the struts from the steering knuckle with the wheels still on. just take the wheels off...

·
Registered
400 Posts
haha lazy. I would say taking the wheel off is the easiest part of the job.

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
You probably cant drop it low enough with the wheel on. I just did some yesterday on a friends car. Take the wheel off, take out the bolt for the brake line bracket, unbolt the shock and sway bar.

·
Registered
468 Posts
go onto the mustang how to index website great step by step for every type of install

·
Registered
428 Posts
You probably cant drop it low enough with the wheel on. I just did some yesterday on a friends car. Take the wheel off, take out the bolt for the brake line bracket, unbolt the shock and sway bar.
+1 Unless you have a lift in your garage there is no way you will be able to drop your A arm far enough with your wheels on. You still have to pry out your front springs with the A arm all the way down.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Some of you guys missed the point, wheels OFF I didnt wanna have to remove the inner fenders and risk rounding off the nut on top of the strut tower (I wouldnt be using air tools), thats why Im looking at the setup and cant believe I cant find any testimonials of people just supporting the lower control arm with a jack, unbolting the strut from the arm and getting the spring out that way...the wheels have to be re=aligned no regardless but it seems like less work and less risk of damage when you're not going in and removing the inner fenders and then trying to GUIDE the strut under the fender without letting it RIP the damn thing off. Is it possible to do it that way?

·
Registered
468 Posts
you dont have to take out the inner fender....just unbolt the 3 nuts holding on the cc plates and then you can compress the shock with ur hands...the big nut on the top of the strut doesnt have to be removed at all...its all in the mustang how to index at mustangworld.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts