Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
beautiful car. DONT SELL!! lol no the car with s. techs was a coupe
thanks bro I appreciate it. maybe the car I saw in person had no Iso's or a coil cut because it sat lower than mine which was pretty dang low. I'll have some new pictures up soon I ordered a good bit of accessories & dress-up pieces this week.

·
Disturbin' The Peace
4,121 Posts
Front is dropped about 2.25-2.5" back is around 1.75"
I scrape on everything. Looks sick and get compliments all the time.

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Lol you guys. Please don't drop just the front it looks retarded if ypu want a raked look get some H&R springs and take the isolaters out in the front. It is the best set up for cheap.

·
Priest of the Car Gods
17,313 Posts
Well, the functional reason is aerodynamics. With a degree or two of rake, you create some downforce without adding much drag.

The flipside is your corner-weights. Anytime you reduce the ride height of one corner relative to the others, you shift the resting weight of the car more to that corner. So, by dropping the front and leaving the rear alone, you're shifting weight more to the front... and the Mustang's already a front-heavy car.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
C/O's up front, cut springs out back

And couldnt find the pic on my computer but if you just skip to the end of the vid it has a good pic of the car to where you can see how low it is

·
Disturbin' The Peace
4,121 Posts
Dave, do you have any problems with your front tires rubbing fenders? Or have the edge of the wheel rub the CO spring perch screw?

·
Mr. Stangarang
2,620 Posts
Lol I still scrape on Ford C springs going over speed bumps, cant be driving around any fat beaches...
That's why I have a sticker on the back window...

Here's a couple old pictures that I took after installing my bbk springs.

:pics

·
Wanna be show worthy.
11,838 Posts
^Sweet car man! I love the sticker but I am afraid if I put that on my car with all the fat chicks they'll break my window or something:lol

·
Mr. Stangarang
2,620 Posts
^Sweet car man! I love the sticker but I am afraid if I put that on my car with all the fat chicks they'll break my window or something:lol
Thanks man! And yea I've gotten yelled at, weird looks, smiles :) haha. Here's the most recent pics of my car (sorry to hijack the thread).

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thanks man! And yea I've gotten yelled at, weird looks, smiles :) haha. Here's the most recent pics of my car (sorry to hijack the thread).

with cars like these it is Aok to hijack the thread. I LOVE seein a dropped mustang. but mine is stock height rt now. i might just remove the springs and shock/struts and ride on my bumpers

·
7,918 Posts
Funny I came across this thread, I was staring at my car from the side today and was thinking of just getting ball joints to lower the front vs. my original plan to get super sports. I'm gonna need new tires next season and want to get 18" wheels, plus ball joints, which would be cheaper than all the stuff I need to lower all around...but now you guys are making me reconsider that idea

21 - 40 of 66 Posts