Modded Mustang Forums banner

Dropping The Front Only

6K views 65 replies 23 participants last post by  mattrotten 
#1 ·
Has any1 done this and have pics? and if so what is the reason is it for looks or is there actually a reason for this. theres 2 cars 1 sn-95 the other a new edge that are both like that around where i live. i always see em driving so i never get 2 shoot the **** wit em. just wondering

#2 ·
If you look in my profile, I have two pics with just the front springs cut, and I have one pic with the Eibach springs all around.
I guess the reason to do only the front is because the car looks terrible stock height with so much clearance between the front tire and the fender well. With the front springs cut, it only looks terrible when you look at it from the front to the side. But eventually it looks best when all corners are taken care of.

#4 ·
Leaving the back completley alone on stock springs with the front lowered would look like ****. If you lowered the back on sportlines but the from on H&R super sports I think that'd look sick:yes

#12 ·
it really depends on where you drive also bro. I ran eibach sportlines 2.0" front drop and 1.8" rear drop for 2 years and it looked sweet but I scraped everywhere man. now I have coilovers up front and it's dropped 1.7" but still having clearance issues so moving it to about 1.25-1.5" front and putting stock springs in the rear. getting 18's for the rear to take up some of that wheel gap if you want. honestly the more you get into the performance the less you care about the slammed look. I am like you and want it raked, lower in front than back for that classic muscle look. look up dave baznasty if you wan't a good rake look. the lowest drop springs though is neither sportlines or super sports, it's the Tien S-tech's they drop it 2.5" front and 2.3" rear I believe. later bro!

#16 ·
@mattrotten: was the new edge a convertable? because they don't drop the vert's nearly as much as they do on the coupe's.

@B's04gt: you are quite fortunate then my friend. every speed bump and driveway curb I scrape unless I'm lucky. I ran Sportlines with a Mach 1 lip on my Gt bumper and then with a 03-04 Terminator bumper. They took a little bit of the damage but mainly it was the pipes underneath I'm referencing. last time my car was on the lift I looked at the countless scratches from scraping.

here's a old pic of my car supercharged on sportlines:

#18 ·
I'm thinking of doing ford c-springs, no iso's in the front, iso's in the rear with a bigger tire out back. I don't want any scraping, nor a super stiff/squishy ride.

#22 ·
Front is dropped about 2.25-2.5" back is around 1.75"
I scrape on everything. Looks sick and get compliments all the time.

#24 ·
Lol you guys. Please don't drop just the front it looks retarded if ypu want a raked look get some H&R springs and take the isolaters out in the front. It is the best set up for cheap.

#25 ·
Well, the functional reason is aerodynamics. With a degree or two of rake, you create some downforce without adding much drag.

The flipside is your corner-weights. Anytime you reduce the ride height of one corner relative to the others, you shift the resting weight of the car more to that corner. So, by dropping the front and leaving the rear alone, you're shifting weight more to the front... and the Mustang's already a front-heavy car.

#26 ·
C/O's up front, cut springs out back

And couldnt find the pic on my computer but if you just skip to the end of the vid it has a good pic of the car to where you can see how low it is

#27 ·
Dave, do you have any problems with your front tires rubbing fenders? Or have the edge of the wheel rub the CO spring perch screw?

#30 ·
That's why I have a sticker on the back window...

Here's a couple old pictures that I took after installing my bbk springs.

:pics

#32 ·
Thanks man! And yea I've gotten yelled at, weird looks, smiles :) haha. Here's the most recent pics of my car (sorry to hijack the thread).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.