Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a premium model with the BBP and 3.73s (reg LS diff).

WOW... I had driven a couple of '11s (one auto, one manual), but I guess I just forgot how awesome that 5.0 is. Rolling on it in the middle of first and quick shifting to 2nd-3rd I had the biggest smile on my face. :D I love how the front end kind of "hangs" in 1st and part of 2nd. The Brembos are pretty damn amazing, too. The center LCD display is sweet too, but I really only like it for the A/F gauge and maybe it'd be fun to mess around with the G-force thing and 1/4mile tracker at some point. I honestly think I could get by without it, though. The automatic lights option is neat, and I really liked the trunk popper near the shifter. Speaking of... a new shifter would be my first mod. The clutch sure catches faster than my '08, too.

Don't have really anything interesting to say other than that, so this is kind of a weak thread and I apologize... that, and I'm hooked on getting one soon.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
They are pretty bad ass! and yes the stock shifter is as sloppy as a dirty hooker

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, yeah. I like your color. I'm between that and black. I don't know yet. Decisions, decisions hah.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I am partial to this color...all 3 of my mustangs have been very close to this color. But either way you cant go wrong

·
SlowFiveOh
2,370 Posts
You've got more self control that I do lol. I sold my mach 1 with intentions of not getting another mustang.. But I decided one day to stop at the dealer to drive one JUST to see what the new 5.0 is all about.. turned out I liked it so much I put a deposit down and ordered a car that day!

·
Registered
23 Posts
lol, yeah. I like your color. I'm between that and black. I don't know yet. Decisions, decisions hah.
+1 for Black!

Took me over an hour to decide at the dealership between that same blue and the black, was actually filling all the paperwork but not entering the cars stock number or VIN since I was hesitating. At the end I went for black but it was a tough decision. :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I like mine. It has terrible wheel hop though. I just got some BBR lower control arms to fix that! Trying to see if it will break into the 12s with no tune or mods first!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
depends what part of the country and what options you want. but from what ive seen picking up a base gt with recaros and brembo brake package is pretty easy to find under 30 out the door.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You've got more self control that I do lol. I sold my mach 1 with intentions of not getting another mustang.. But I decided one day to stop at the dealer to drive one JUST to see what the new 5.0 is all about.. turned out I liked it so much I put a deposit down and ordered a car that day!
If I didn't have financial obligations with my wedding coming up, I certainly would have. It was tough! lol

Sonic - you're going to have to hook me up with that dealership. I keep seeing around 34 for that same package.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I bought mine in georgia. 34.5 is MSRP with those options and you should have no problem negotiating them down to 30 or less. when i bought mine ford had a 2k rebate and i got the 500 off for military and then negotiated them down a few thousand. Some dealers are more willing to deal than others. the dealer i went to first in south carolina wouldnt budge much off the typical rebates.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice. I wonder if I brought in my DD214 they'd give me a discount too, even though I'm out now. Hmm. May be worth a shot. hah

·
'Stang Noob
338 Posts
I bought mine in georgia. 34.5 is MSRP with those options and you should have no problem negotiating them down to 30 or less. when i bought mine ford had a 2k rebate and i got the 500 off for military and then negotiated them down a few thousand. Some dealers are more willing to deal than others. the dealer i went to first in south carolina wouldnt budge much off the typical rebates.
You must have had some good negotiating skills or something cause I wasn't able to get more than $1200 off the priced (before I decided to use X-Plan). Plus there was only $1000 rebate going on. Then when I finally ordered X-Plan worked out better and rebate went up to $1500.

Or maybe things are just more expensive in Cali.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
You must have had some good negotiating skills or something cause I wasn't able to get more than $1200 off the priced (before I decided to use X-Plan). Plus there was only $1000 rebate going on. Then when I finally ordered X-Plan worked out better and rebate went up to $1500.

Or maybe things are just more expensive in Cali.
I negotiate contracts for the Air Force, so I would say im pretty good at it. Not trying to sound cocky at all, but I do it everyday so it comes pretty easy. But i would definitely say cali is much more expensive than the southeast.

·
'Stang Noob
338 Posts
I negotiate contracts for the Air Force, so I would say im pretty good at it. Not trying to sound cocky at all, but I do it everyday so it comes pretty easy. But i would definitely say cali is much more expensive than the southeast.
That's what I figured. I myself am in sales and negotiate everyday as well. But the two dealerships I visited weren't budging much on the price until I figured out that I qualify for employee X-Plan incentive.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
yeah definitely depends on the dealer. The one i talked to in SC didnt want to budge at all other than the rebates.

·
Registered
338 Posts
The stock shifter is fine as wine as long as you put a Barton 2 post bracket on it!!Made a huge difference on my 12 GT,HUGE!!!!

·
Registered
380 Posts
That's what I figured. I myself am in sales and negotiate everyday as well. But the two dealerships I visited weren't budging much on the price until I figured out that I qualify for employee X-Plan incentive.
Is the X plan pricing negotiable ? I'm tempted to look at a 13 but wanna be prepared encase i get a fire in my pocket .

1 - 20 of 29 Posts