Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Resident Diabetic...
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on Sunday evening I was driving from New Orleans to Fort Worth Tx. I was in Forney Tx just outside of Dallas when mother nature tried to kill me. Long story short it left like it was raining in every direction at 100 mph. The twister started to lift my car, and ended up moving it about 3 or 4 ft. Not the end of the world, but something I don't ever want to do again needless to say.

On a side note after the storm I had a misfire. Any time I would give it more than about 1/4 throttle it would cut out.

It sounded like this. Listen for the pop.

I installed these:

And it runs like a champ. I think my coils were going out for a while but I didn't really notice.

They were only $179 shipped from AM. And as ford wanted more than $90 for each coil. So I went for it. Lets just hope these last as long as the fords.

·
Resident Diabetic...
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea it was intense. I sort of like situations like that. But I never want to do that again. There really isnt much you can do. I was parked under a bridge, but I had no time to get out of the car and up under it, or run to a ditch. I am just glad it didnt throw my car 100's of feet in the air or something.

·
Full Frontal Nudity
1,725 Posts
I think if I drove through a tornado I would be buying a new front seat.

·
Zippy's Resident Milf
5,592 Posts

·
Resident Diabetic...
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha. I almost did!

·
Resident Diabetic...
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
make sure to put dielectric grease around the boots of the coils to keep water/moisture out. it's just something else to help the coils last longer and prevent misfires.
^ Already dont good sir. I have a feeling that te lack of this may have helped kill my stock coils. That and 9 years and 114K miles lol.

·
2013 5.0 Deep Impact Blue
643 Posts
yeah i remember that storm.
i live by, i-20 & 175 by balch springs. it knocked down my tree 5ft away from my stang.

what really sucks is i haven't seen my pet squirrel i always feed. :(

·
Resident Diabetic...
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Poor Squirrel lol. That storm was epic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts