Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its track season again here. I have a set of DRs available for me to use once I go, but my question is with my completely stock rear (3.27s,axles,ect.) do I run the risk of snapping something or something along those lines?

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
My rear end is all stock and i have DR's. only been to the track with them once and i kept it to about 2500rpms just because of what ppl have said about dr's breaking the stock rear.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
i left at 4k-4500 on stock rear end... dead hooking at 4 and spinning a tad anything over 4... but i have seen some break at 2500 and some take rev limit launches like champs....

·
Registered
748 Posts
hmm.. thining of doing the same...getting hoosier slicks for cheap tho....launching at 3K and rolling out of the hole sorta at half throttle till im going, then full throttle punch.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i launch my girlfriends vortech gt with a stock rear and 4.10's at about 5500 and haven't had any problems and it has 88k on it

·
Registered
193 Posts
dead hooking is what kills an axle. you wanna keep the rpms high so you get slight spin (2-3 turns of the tire) then hook. that'll get ya the best et and won't risk breakage.

·
Registered
193 Posts
If you're really worried about breaking axles, just pick up a set of mosers from summit for 230+ bucks and throw them in. It's a really easy install and will give ya some piece of mind.

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
not to jack your thread but what psi should be run on the street and track for drag radials?

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
thats what i thought..... how low is too low?

·
Registered
193 Posts
i'd say 12 would be the lowest for a drag radial tire. just make some passes and keep adjusting the pressure until you find what works best with your car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts