Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking for a used dry nitrous system does anyone run a dry system or is everone run wet .some say its safer but im not covinced .just currious to see how many are running dry.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is the bigger fuel pump and injectors realy needed .i just plan on running 75-100 shot

·
Registered
189 Posts
Running a dry Nitrous system can potentially harm your engine, reason being is for the first few seconds while the Nitrous is injected your engine will run extremely lean due to the extra oxygen in the nitrous.

The bigger fuel pump and injectors are needed to compensate for the lean condition once the O2 sensors see the extra oxygen in the exhaust, and the PCM can add the fuel.

·
Granny Shifter
1,051 Posts
With the 05115 dry nitrous kit, the kit does not start flowing nitrous to the inlet tract until there is sufficient fuel pressure to provide enough fuel. If anything the mixture is a bit rich for an extremely brief moment.

May or may not need pump and injectors, I've heard of people running it on completely stock setups, but I have did not run it while completely stock.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
see thats what i thought i keep hearing about what it can do but never what it has done .i think its just as safe as wet .but im no expert.

·
Granny Shifter
1,051 Posts
It just depends on the approach.

The 05115 kit worked very well for me. You might have more luck talking about dry nitrous with pushrod 5.0 people and 03/04 cobra people.

Here's a run from 2007 at Bandimere Speedway.
219hp sae na +125shot dry.
97 Mustang GT 13.0 Bandimere 2007 - YouTube

1 - 7 of 7 Posts