Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one used one, what do you all think about 650 + from a Production block.

Our Main Support System makes it possible to produce 650-plus horsepower from a production block.

D.S.S. Main Support

Looking to rebuild my 302 + turbo and would be nice to hit 500 hp with out the ass end falling out :D

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
I agree with gotn20, it will hold the pieces together better when it splits down the middle though!

·
Registered
30 Posts
so your saying a DSS Super Pro Bullet will not hold 550-600rwhp?

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
I wouldn't trust it to last. I've seen some production blocks make a lot of power, and I've seen them not. I wouldn't have any hopes of it living long at those power levels.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not looking at the DSS block but more so the girdle... to me it seem's like a big claim to get 650+ out of a production block (that's like 150 to 200 over the safe zone). What I am looking for is rebuild or getting a 331 short block to take around 500 with out breaking the bank or after one hard run picking up of the road what is left....

As for a DSS block all I have read is sad story's of cranks ends trying to take flight and Pro Bullet cracking a hole after 5000k on a trip to the gas station.

My question was more about the girdle and which one (if any) will allow me to run a production block around the 500.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Tying the mains together doesn't do anything to stop cap chatter like they claim. Your best bet is to get main studs. Even then you're at the crapshoot zone with 500hp. A good tune and a well balanced assembly will be key.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I agree with you fogged306 about well balanced and a good tune.... I am starting to re think my rebuild, I just don't know if to use my block (which has 160k on it) and an get my local shop here Elizabethtown to do a 331 rev dome. Or just get a 331 block from chp build up and put my turbo back on. And just get to 400 with a good tune instead of 500. I don't want to worry about my block every drive I take :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
It doesn't matter what company you go with, it's still a production block with a girdle. I mentioned DSS because you asked about there girdle and power claim. If the girdle dosesn't work and people are still splitting there blocks at 500rwhp how can they still claim 650? please explain if I'm missing something.

·