Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to order a stroker kit for my 302, but have some questions about things i have heard in the past. First off what are advantages and disadvantages of a 347 over a 331. A while back i had heard that 347s had oiling problems because of the pin being in the oil ring which caused oil consumption. Have they fixed the problems with this, i like this dss kit because its good priced and comes with everything. Anyone running a 347 from dss and what kind of cam and top end parts are you using? Thanks

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
Anytime you build cubes, you're better off. If there ever actually were oiling problems, they're fixed. Do not listen to anyone who tells you a 347 kit will affect the engine life.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol tons of people said engine life is reduced with a 347. What size cam would be a powerfull but streetable one? I was thinking something like an f303

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
93 hatch who makes your bottom end and what size injectors and cam are you running

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
Oh geeeezus. Here it goes...........

Letter cams are the biggest piles of crap. They make great lamp posts. There was a thread just last week from a guy with an E cam in his stroker, and he wanted to know why it made 300 rwhp. They were designed for 302 cu/in, and they suck for that. When you add 45 cubes, they really suck! If you're going to spend the money on a stroker, don't cheap out on the heads or cam. It only costs a little more for a custom cam, and the advantages are huge.

If you're going to run GT40s, or Windsor Srs, or anything of that sort, save your money on the stroker kit, because you'll have an expensive TURD. If that was the plan, you will make a LOT more power, by not buying the stroker kit, and buying a good set of heads instead, and keeping it a stock stroke, with a good cam.

In case you didn't get it......LETTER CAMS SUCK! And don't run shitty heads on a stroker. Good heads on a 302 will go faster.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a set of twisted wedge 190 cc heads i just have to find a good cam to match my set up

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anyone heard anything about lunati cams?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Will i be able to use my 24 lb injectors or have to Go higher?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would like to be 12.50 maybe lower and would like to shoot for 400 rwhp

·