Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay, I can't find this sumbitch anywhere but in the 3v forums, and I most definitely do not have a 3v, so can someone help me out here? Car is jerking a lot, and sounds like it's only running on seven cylinders. Had the fuel checked, everything works great, so it has to be ignition...

Any help is more than welcomed :hug

EDIT: P0354...sorry!

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Carnut, sorry, thanks dude, but it was P0354, not 345...wife misread it to me...sorry dude, my bad.

It's something about ignition coil "D" malfunctioning. This is the coil pack, but which one? And how do I fix it- just get a new coil pack?

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Carnut, sorry, thanks dude, but it was P0354, not 345...wife misread it to me...sorry dude, my bad.

It's something about ignition coil "D" malfunctioning. This is the coil pack, but which one? And how do I fix it- just get a new coil pack?
Just an idea, but pull a coil pack one a time and see if the car runs differently each time and if it doesn't then that could be your one.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
"D" coil is going to be the one on top of cylinder #4. If you are in front of the engine it is going to be the very rear left coil. pull that coil and then swap it with another to see if the code changes and follows that coil

·
Registered
777 Posts
Here is what alldata says it could be #1 open or short in ignition start/run circuit,#2 open coil driver circuit in harness, #3 coil driver circuit shorted to ground, #4 damaged coil, #5 damaged PCM, #6 coil driver circuit shorted to power. Best thing to do is take it to a shop and have them hook a scanner to it and watch the engine datastream for misfires and sensor readings.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts