Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the GT500 fuel pumps last night. I went out tonight to turn the key on and let the pumps kick on to check for leaks. After a couple of seconds the message popped up on the dash "DTE FLI DATA ERR". Is this simply because the car isnt tuned for these pumps? I'm assuming so, but wanted to see if anyone else has ran across this before. Thanks

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not really Nasty. I'm a Chrysler tech and have done fuel pumps before. Granted these are a tighter fit than stock, I took my time and manuevered them in. Zip, I searched earlier and read that too.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
I'm not saying you're not a bad mechanic but we've both seen bad techs before !! LOL

The error code is for the fuel level sender. I don't believe there should be an issue with it without a tune. It sounds like some how the sender was is damaged. Possibly in shipping or during the install. Did you have any problems with the little rubber feet coming off?

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not saying you're not a bad mechanic but we've both seen bad techs before !! LOL
No, I didnt take it that way. Just letting you know what I do for a living so you would have some insight on my technical ability

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Not really Nasty. I'm a Chrysler tech and have done fuel pumps before. Granted these are a tighter fit than stock, I took my time and manuevered them in. Zip, I searched earlier and read that too.
I can't help with the codes, but I bet you've done a few plenum pan replacements on the Magnum engines... :D Hughes engines makes a nice kit for them.

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well Ford Racing Tech, local Ford dealers, and Brenspeed all say they have no idea what this code is.....I have read that after a couple of fill ups that it should relearn it and straighten up. We'll see

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Well Ford Racing Tech, local Ford dealers, and Brenspeed all say they have no idea what this code is.....I have read that after a couple of fill ups that it should relearn it and straighten up. We'll see
Well now doesnt thankmake you feel just peachy?:tomato

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I doubt it will clear up. I have been having that message pop up intermitantly for the past year and a half since my pumps were installed by a ASE Ford Tech. Usually when it pops up the fuel gauge goes to "E" and it says 0 miles till empty. I think it is a bad sending unit but I never cared since my car doesn't go below half a tank.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've had this same issue since I put the pumps in as part of the Whipple kit 2 1/2 years ago. My fuel gauge hasn't worked since. I was also told it would probably clear up-it never did. I just keep track of my mileage, but it would be nice to have the gauge work again...hope you can find out more than I did....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts