Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so here are my plans. Im already running a 100shot and I want to add another 10lb bottle so if one empties I can just switch to the other. I wanted to run the bottles side by side and have them V into the main feed line. So I can leave one turned on and when its out I can simply turn it off and open the other bottle. Does anyone know where I can get a splitter like that?

·
Registered
28 Posts
You can make a setup quite elaborate, or simple depending on your style.

Really, it would make more sense and save you money to just buy a second tank or at least a 20lb tank.

All you really need to do is find some brass standard 1/8" NPT fittings (tees and the like), some teflon tape, and some screenpacks. Not many people use screenpacks, but you have to remember that anything compressed isn't 100% clean.

Just run SS 1/8" NPT line from each tank's regulator. Have a servo-driven valve opener on each tank so you can switch between them. If you're good with electronics, you can have it so only one can be open at a single time (simple circuit but with 12v components).

You'll have two tanks that feed into a single brass 1/8" NPT tee section that runs through the rest of your nitrous line.

Shoot, I forget what NPT size my nitrous line is. I believe it's 1/8" NPT but it might be 1/4" depending on the kit you bought.

If you want to get really fancy, buy two more nitrous solenoids that run from each tank. Click click ready. It'll look really fancy, but anyone who knows what you're doing will tell you to just buy another tank or buy a bigger tank.

IF you're using THAT much nitrous, invest in forged internals and spare head gaskets.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
zex calls their set up a maximizer kit, we ran one in doc's old car. all you need is a bottle, brackets, -4an y fitting, and -4an line from bottle to y (usually about 2ft lengths). i suggest haveing a heater for the other bottle as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts