Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Goal - 650+ rwhp
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i bought the flowmaster axleback exhaust and I absolutely hate it. It sounds like a damn honda going down the road and when you jump on the highway, the drone is so loud you cant have a conversation in the car. American muscle offers 3 types of dual exhaust. The Pypes true dual exhaust. Pypes V6 True Dual Exhaust Kit (05-10 V6) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping! , Magnaflow non true dual exhaust, (y pipe) Magnaflow Dual Exhaust Catback (05-09 V6) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping! , and Ford Racing True Dual exhaust Ford Racing V6 True Dual Exhaust Kit (05-09) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping! . I dont want the highway drone and i would like a deeper sound, the flowmaster is raspy and almost sounds like a 4 cyclinder. Help me out please!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have the pypes I would personally go with those, it has a nice sound that isnt riced out at all, it has very little drone and its not so loud that you cant have a conversation, it isnt raspy like the flowmasters, i personally love them

·
Registered
584 Posts
There's 3 dual exhaust threads in a row and like 6 on the first page....

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
There's 3 dual exhaust threads in a row and like 6 on the first page....
-3 dual exhaust threads in a row.
-7 Exhaust threads on page 1
-4 dual exhaust threads on page 1
-5 exhaust threads on page 2, they all mention dual exhaust.

Lol. Agitating isn't it?

·
Registered
597 Posts
let google lead the way :D

·
Registered
584 Posts
-3 dual exhaust threads in a row.
-7 Exhaust threads on page 1
-4 dual exhaust threads on page 1
-5 exhaust threads on page 2, they all mention dual exhaust.

Lol. Agitating isn't it?
A few more just popped up :rolleyes:

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
I have the Magnaflow Magnapacks. They sound great, but it is becoming a little annoying on the highway for long trips.

Mine is the one with a Y pipe, but the price on AM for this kit is outrageous. Don't pay more than $400.

I wonder if an H pipe would make it quieter?

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
So i bought the flowmaster axleback exhaust and I absolutely hate it. It sounds like a damn honda going down the road and when you jump on the highway, the drone is so loud you cant have a conversation in the car. American muscle offers 3 types of dual exhaust. The Pypes true dual exhaust. Pypes V6 True Dual Exhaust Kit (05-10 V6) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping! , Magnaflow non true dual exhaust, (y pipe) Magnaflow Dual Exhaust Catback (05-09 V6) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping! , and Ford Racing True Dual exhaust Ford Racing V6 True Dual Exhaust Kit (05-09) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping! . I dont want the highway drone and i would like a deeper sound, the flowmaster is raspy and almost sounds like a 4 cyclinder. Help me out please!
StevenB913 - We're sorry to hear you are unhappy with your Flowmaster axleback. Give us a call, our techs can often help find a better solution than swapping out the whole system.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The Ford Racing dual kit produces absolutely no drone at any speed. Fits perfectly and is not two loud.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Ive got the magnaflow and it's a little ricey sounding but you gotta remember its not an 8. I get compliments all the time on the exhaust, it looks great, and theres a lil drone but not bad at all (just did a road trip with my cousin for 20 hrs and we talked comfortably the whole time). Hope this helps

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have Ford Racing and I think its the best exhaust for a 4.0. There is no drone and sounds perfect.

·
Goal - 650+ rwhp
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ford racing sounds good to me except the price. then to get it put on, since i cannot weld an x pipe on. but the website Lonestar suggested has the pypes dual exhaust for $300 which isnt bad at all.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Wow the NTO site does have a pretty good price although shipping is probably going to be about $100. I might have to look into this because this is the last big change I have been wanting to make for some time now. Thanks.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Wow the NTO site does have a pretty good price although shipping is probably going to be about $100. I might have to look into this because this is the last big change I have been wanting to make for some time now. Thanks.
When I bought my kit from them (they no longer sell the 2010 kit) the price for the 2010 kit was $319 plus shipping, in total I paid $391. I am very happy with the quality, look/sounds great too and ZERO drone! The kit at AM is $474 with shipping included has the pypes mufflers instead of the GT takeoff mufflers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
What about just replacing the mufflers instead of an entirely new exhaust system? Hope this isn't an idiot post as I do not know a lot about cars...

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
What about just replacing the mufflers instead of an entirely new exhaust system? Hope this isn't an idiot post as I do not know a lot about cars...
Anything is possible. I'd just go with an axleback kit to make it easier.

Check out AmericanMuscle.com

1 - 20 of 34 Posts