Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, with my limited amount of knowledge on cars and lack of tools =/, I'm having an extremely hard time finding a shop that will cut my bumper for a dual exhaust conversion. I'm starting to get desperate people :mad: I'm thinking once I get the dual exhaust, I'm going for the CAI/Tune. I'd really like to get the dual exhaust out of the way tho. Any advice on shops? I can't seem to find anyone friend wise that will be able to do it for me either =/

·
Registered
247 Posts
i had to take mine to meinike to have it done, which i dident want to do because im not a fan of their qualitly. and i had to beg for them to cut my bumper lol, but it came out nice. i wanted to do it myself but u need a lift to get it over the axle

·
Registered
35 Posts
Get a new rear facia. Am sells one from 3d carbon! Looks alot nicer than a bumper cut!

·
Registered
584 Posts
Where are you located?

And Pypes has a template on their website for the V6 bumper cutout. It's not difficult at all. I'd suggest getting a GT or GT/CS rear since it looks awesome

·
Registered
597 Posts
Use the template from pypes and a dremel tool! its simple to do yourself

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just go to the nearest Ford Dealership. Thats where I got my bumper cut and exhaust installed for under 100 bucks.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Just go to the nearest Ford Dealership. Thats where I got my bumper cut and exhaust installed for under 100 bucks.
I find that hard to believe. Surprised they didn't try to take a kidney or first born while they were at it :D

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm located in southeastern Michigan. I'd try it myself but I don't have the tools to make the cuts sadly =/ Plus it would be my first dual exhaust install and my first time under a car. I'd love to learn but I really don't want to mess anything up. Plus, I know a lift would make it much easier than the ramps I have in my garage and a lift I don't have access to :sorry

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was thinking about buying a GT bumper but it seems pretty expensive (I do think it does look much better though). The GT bumper would cost me around 200$ brand new, plus another 2XX$ for the paint job. I would stripe it myself but I'm not sure I could put it on. Then the last shop with the cheapest quote wanted 450$ for a true-dual install and some flowmaster mufflers.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really wish I had the experience some of you guys do on here so I could just buy the pypes or magnaflow kit from AM and slap it on there myself lol

·
Registered
584 Posts
I was thinking about buying a GT bumper but it seems pretty expensive (I do think it does look much better though). The GT bumper would cost me around 200$ brand new, plus another 2XX$ for the paint job. I would stripe it myself but I'm not sure I could put it on. Then the last shop with the cheapest quote wanted 450$ for a true-dual install and some flowmaster mufflers.
I got my CS rear on ebay for $275 shipped as a painted takeoff. There are deals you just gotta keep your eyes open. And install is easy, I did it myself with no prior experience, just follow the how-to threads

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I got my CS rear on ebay for $275 shipped as a painted takeoff. There are deals you just gotta keep your eyes open. And install is easy, I did it myself with no prior experience, just follow the how-to threads
^^ +1 to this. just look around. trust me i know all about finding good deals. LOL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts