1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I would like to know what it is also

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
2 step... set your rev limiter low the clutch is engaged or something and you can bounce off rev that way you dont have to find your rpm when you launch... when clutch disengages so does the first rev limiter... thats what i was told... all i know is that it would come in really handy on launches cuz you just floor it and it rev limits at whatever you want it to...

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hmm I will have to play around with that, on the Xcal3 it has the drive rev limiter and neutral limiter.

I set the neutral limiter 4k thinking when its out of gear or clutch engaged, so I could rev but not worry about going to high when not in gear, set the other at 6300 or something, Well It spiked me at 4k in gear, was a surpise first time I drove it :p I pulled over quick and fixed it.

I think Ill go out and play around before I go for a drive tonight.

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
Hmm I will have to play around with that, on the Xcal3 it has the drive rev limiter and neutral limiter.

I set the neutral limiter 4k thinking when its out of gear or clutch engaged, so I could rev but not worry about going to high when not in gear, set the other at 6300 or something, Well It spiked me at 4k in gear, was a surpise first time I drove it :p I pulled over quick and fixed it.

I think Ill go out and play around before I go for a drive tonight.
I did the same thing, I think that is more for the automatics

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
They call it a 2 step. The first neutral limiter is for helping set the rpms for launch. Its still a bad idea to hold the gas all the way down and have the limiter resist the rpm increase, but it can help to get you close. The drive limiter will become the limiter as soon as the car leaves the line and the ecu sees mph. make sure to test it out in a safe place. I have seen the neutral limiter not disengage before.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts