Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my friend was talking his 05 Grand prix GXP up tonight and i asked him to race. Off the start we were equal, but my 410's were kicking my rear side to side. Then as soon i shift to 2nd I see his car lurch forward a bit. we raced thru 3rd and he ended up beating me by half a car. What mods would u suggest that will help me get him?? As of now i got 410's, X pipe, CAI, fresh tune, U/D pullys, subframe connectors, lowering springs and control arms. Any thoughts excluding NOS( i want to keep her N/A) would be nice lol. Thanks(oh and of course its a GT lol)

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
better tires. :yes

555's for street use, or 555r's if you dont mind them being a drag radial, and being almost dangerous in the rain. :lmao

·
Registered
176 Posts
agreed. you can have the power in the world but if you or the car cant put it to the ground its useless. there are going to be faster cars out there somewhere too.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
do you want to beat him.....or destroy him?.....cylinder heads

·
Registered
784 Posts
second the heads you are gonna get way more power just by swapping heads anything else is just kinda a just to hang a fender on him heads should get you a car length atleast

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was looking as some heads, I want some TW or some AFR's but i dont really have the money at the moment, would some GT-40X heads be reasonable?

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
regardless of heads at the moment, get better tires.
you would/will be surprised at how much faster your car will be...

when you can actually hook up. :lmao

·
Registered
616 Posts
I have 555r's and love them. Get em hot once and they'll be sticky as hell compared to a regular street tire. It's not like you lost to a turd of a car either, those cars run pretty descent for full option full size sedans. But you getting some better tires will hand his ass to him.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I remember a few years ago seeing a Car Craft article where they made just over 400hp with some smog legal AFR 165 heads using the stock cam.

You can get some $700 ebay Pro Comp heads and get similar results.

·
Resident Headbanger
2,419 Posts
I remember a few years ago seeing a Car Craft article where they made just over 400hp with some smog legal AFR 165 heads using the stock cam.

Yeah but only if you use the generous STD dyno correction and run the engine on the dyno with no belt driven accessories, an electric water pump, and open headers to bump up the HP number.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Not if you want your engine to last. You get what you pay for. Those heads come with garbage valvetrain, seats that fall out of the head, and poor casting quality. Casting flash and coreshift seem to be the norm with those heads. Not without a ton of work are those heads even close to something I would ever put on a car. And after all the money you spend getting them up to par, you could have almost bought a set of TF 205 heads with good parts in them that will blow those out of the water.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks ill definitely get some 555's. But I did actually re-race him and ended up beating him by a little over half a car when i launched from lower RPM's......until i missed 3rd lol. WHen we were racing though he began to creep up when i was over abt 4k in my rpms.....Longtubes will help with that right? (After the tires of course lol)

·
Resident Headbanger
2,419 Posts
If your friend's GXP is stock, it'll be capable of a 14.7 @ 98. You only have a little more power than stock so you should be fairly even with the driver making the biggest difference. If you want to destroy him, you'll need a lot more power and H/C/I will get you there.

·
Registered
317 Posts
shorter belt mod, tires & weight reduction( passenger seat, rear seats)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Geez maybe I should build up my 2004 Grand Prix GTP Comp G with 270 HP instead of my 1993 Mustang 5.0 LX 5Speed notchback with 225 HP... :p

1 - 20 of 26 Posts