Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
where is the tab on the engine block that tells me if its a sohc or dohc. i cant find it

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh i was looking at a site onine that said they put some dohc in gt's... it must have been wrong :s. mine is a gt that hasnt had a motor swap... yet :).

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1996 Ford Mustang Parts & Accessories - Free Shipping!... i was tryin to matchin my vin numbers with the site and could figure it out, you right :)...
is that the only difference between the gt's and the cobra's?? just the cam? i though that they had more than that tho, bigger injectors, throttle body ect...

·
Registered
962 Posts
wow never heard that question, and i dont think there is a tab. where did u read that at? if you bought a gt, and the previous owner didnt tell u it was motor swapped with a 4v(that would be a big selling point) i would put money down saying it wasnt...

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
yea never heard of that....i dont understand buying a car and not knowing what kind of engine....or knowing anything for that matter...why would u by a car when you have to geuss about some things...i can see a project car but not DD

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no i think you guys misunderstood me... i didnt know that they only put dohc in cobras... i thought they might have put that motor into some gt's also. i didnt know that that was the only difference between cobras and gts... i know what i bought.. lol

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
zmaier, there arent any dumb questions man. We all have to learn somehow. And that was actually a good question. But these guys are right Gts didnt have DOHC.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok cool i guess that was pretty much my whole question lol, was if they ever put those motors in the gts and if that was the only difference between that and a cobra. ill admitt i know my way around a motor but dont nearly as much as you guys do lol, hope im not souding like an asshole :)... im a kid who workes on combines and trucks lol :p...

·
Registered
590 Posts
Heh nobody's answered the poor guy's second question. Depending on the year, there are other differences between the cobra and the GT. The 4v dohc motor in the cobra has different heads (and everything above that- intake, tb, etc. etc.) and as a whole is a helluva lot better motor than the sohc motor.

I'm not sure about the sn95 cobra's, but the new edge cobras also had an independent rear suspension and a 6-speed t56 transmission. The 03-04 cobra's came with a supercharger, and just kick ass in general.

edit: jlaw I hope you're kidding about that combine question :rolleyes:

·
Registered
590 Posts
No no, he's talking about the combine... You know, the enemy in Half Life 2? :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts