Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone used the duplicolor engine enamel. i am looking to just paint it grey so it looks clean and when i put my motor back in i can spot leaks easy if there are any..hoping there isnt

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
should i use a p[rimer along with it or no??. there is some rust on the block i assume i should sand it off

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anyone?...also i was going to use clear coat....but do i wait till its compleetely dry or what. i just t dont want it to screw up?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I used the duplicolor low gloss black engine enamel on almost all the parts of my motor, whether they would see heat or not. I just used a number of coats, no specific primer or anything, just prepped the surface really well and so far everything looks great. I have not fired the car up yet so I do not know how durable the paint is to heat and wear and tear. As far as application goes, the paint is great and doesn't like to run which is nice. I found that the more coats the better and the deeper the pain appears. Best of luck.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, im just going to go with they ford grey i belive it is..just to clean up the motor so u cant see any oil leaks

·
Registered
241 Posts
anyone?...also i was going to use clear coat....but do i wait till its compleetely dry or what. i just t dont want it to screw up?
They make primer for a reason. It's to help adhesion. So yes you should remove rust, use primer, a high temp paint so you don't go thru all this work and have it bubble, and clear is prob. not nec. Just use a low gloss paint unless you want that wet look all the time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts