Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ive been looking into rotary polishers as i would like to learn to use one. I love my Griots Garage DA polisher, but the smoothness of a rotary and the ability to correct faster is what interests me.

So through looking ive come upon the most common rotarys used for polishing paint and reviews for them.

THEN i discovered something crazy. Something called a Dynabrade (I guess i missed the memo) Its a locking head that goes on the spindle of your rotary polisher turning it into a Dual action polisher. At first i thought it was probably a crap product, until i started reading about people who prefer using a rotary with dynabrade OVER using a GG DA. They also have a HUGE offset - 3/4" or 12/16th compared to the Griots 5/16th offset.

They are kind of pricey, as much as some DA polishers, but i think the concept is Gold. So for a professional, you can Cut and Medium polish with the rotary, then flip a switch to orbital mode and Final polish with no holograms as easy as you would do it with a DA.

Recent image by iamwaxman on Photobucket

Heres a youtube vid of a guy using one. Pretty neat, you can see the huge offset as he polishes. Hes using a Makita Rotary.

Im obviously not going to buy one because i already have a DA, but dang how cool is this? lol

Now they need to invent something that turns a DA into a rotary for cutting haha.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^ i did the same thing. I was like DAMN IT that was MY idea haha.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts