Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone dynamated their car before or know of a good how-to write up?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, if I had 3 audiobahn 12in comp subs, what would be a recommended amp?

Not sure about the RMS and peak but I know the peak is over 1000w a piece.

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
dynamat and its similar products are bad ass!! I did my entire truck. Doors, floor, rear, top, everything! It made a huge difference, but its expensive and super time consuming. My mustang has the doors and rear deck lid done, but nothing else, yet. Second skin damplifier pro is a little better and cost a little less.

·
Registered
7,994 Posts
I just did my trunk lid, and some other small parts and it wasnt the smartest choice, it was heavy and it made the trunk rattle a little more i think. Just make sure its done right and if you dont care about the weight then go for it.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Just saw this.....

1.) audiobahn is junk
2.) you know as many audio competition's as I've been in my entire car was dynomatted at one time.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What does #2 have to do with anything?

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Just saw this.....

1.) audiobahn is junk
2.) you know as many audio competition's as I've been in my entire car was dynomatted at one time.
what kind of competitions?

people have seen SPL drops by using dynamat or anything of the sort, because it obsorbs audio waves without reflecting them for more SPL

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
what kind of competitions?

people have seen SPL drops by using dynamat or anything of the sort, because it obsorbs audio waves without reflecting them for more SPL
I thought the heavy hitting spl guys used concrete instead of dynamat.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
:shiftyeyes

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just ordered up a bunch of Second Skin for the stang, should be delivered today infact!!! Hopefully it'll quite her down a bit :) those LM1's are crazy loud inside the car on the highway

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
Just saw this.....

1.) audiobahn is junk
why is audiobahn junk. i've been in some rides with some good setups using audibahn. one in particular was a friend of mine with an s10 that has two audiobahn 10s and that trunk could shake your insides out and i could hear that mess a mile away. i just have half that same setup in my car and it does just fine. a good amount of bass along with the music is all i need though.

·
Registered
968 Posts
i bought 2 MTX 12's and the trunk rattled so i got some dynomat from Circuit City while they were going out of business, we lined the trunk lid and some things around the inside of the trunk area and it really cut down on the trunk rattle.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts