Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the car dyno'd again. For those that dont know, I put a livernois stroker in when I blew that stock block. The original was tuned to 435hp and 400tq. Well I got the new motor in and tuned and was disappointed to see it only making 412hp and 392 tq. Well apparently Livernois shortblocks need a lot to break in

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
that was on a mustang dyno though so on a dyno jet the numbers would be higher... and you where makeing that 435 on the stock motor on stock compression.. is your compression lower now? its just a dyno for numbers if it feels like its pulls harder then it probably is... so dont be to done... do a damn 8rib with nthat novi 2000 and 18lbs and be at 650...

·
8,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Compression is 9.6:1 now think it was 9.4 before? Its def pulling harder now til the tires spins. Im gonna work on some other things before I up the boost. There is still alot more i need to on this car.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
i was thinking the same thing^^
baker isnt bushing that much i dont believe.. and hes above that.. but u were on a mustang dyno so dont let the numbers get u down..

·
Registered
374 Posts
somethings tuned down for sure for granted its a mustang dyno but still yet im makeing numbers like that at 10 psi on my s-trim on a dynojet. you should port the heads and do a blower cam at 14 psi, with all that said and done it should be closer or even over 500 rwhp on a dynojet with accurate calibrations. Im sure your power is more than 412 now though unless they pulled to much timing.

·
8,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
412hp at 14psi? that is a very conservative tune or something is amiss
Im surprised no one read the dyno sheet. Let me clarify for everyone. The original number with the new motor were 412hp and 392 tq. NOW, like it say on the dyno sheet, its at 448hp and 405 tq. This is with 9.6 compression and stock heads and cams.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts