Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to the dyno day at Cozzolino Motorsports in Indianapolis today. They don't really work on or tune street cars. It was an event put on by Indyrpm which is an all make/model forum promoting motorsports.

The third time is the charm. The car did good. It made a corrected 396 [email protected] rpms and 383 [email protected] rpms on a Dynojet. Torque was above 300 all the way from 2600 rpms to 6000 rpm. The correction factor was only 1.02. So this is pretty much the raw numbers as well. My previous dynos were:

#3. Dynojet 396/383 no changes but ProCharger was rebuilt.
#2. Dynojet 370/377 with new long tubes and a new tune.
#1. Mustang Dyno 385/370 stock exhaust but a little lean at 6000 rpm.

I've been talking bad about long-tube headers. Mustang Dynos are supposed to read lower than Dynojets and the numbers really made no since to me. Perhaps that dyno just read low. Now I have to recant everything I've said about LTs.

Edit: I wasn't there for either one but I was told an '03 Cobra with a 2.4 KB made 598. That was second best. Someone said a Honda Civic (?) made over 700.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Nice Tom good numbers. How much boost are you making? 9psi?

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
lol its not 8.93042894928 psi?

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mustang dyno's do read lower but if was a 1750 only about 2%. There are alot of variables such as weight input etc. I just guage if it is a happy or low reading dyno by watching what other cars put down.
Of those that were tested today I was told that two pretty much stock Mustang GTs made around 245 rwhp. One was a manual transmission with intake (assuming TB/plenum) and Long-tubes (most likely o/r mid-pipe since we do not have inspections). The other was an automatic with a few more mods. I don't know what they were.

My other dyno runs were done while tuning so there wasn't anything to compare to.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
My dyno is when i put my foot to the floor.

If i smile im pleased with my dyno numbers. If i dont i need moar
You ever get that beast tuned?

Nice numbers also OP!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts