Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i just got back from the Dyno just to see what kind of numbers i put down. Mind you guys i dont have a good tune on her and i have the car was born in cali you should see the cats on it. It still has the stock exhaust on it. The car put down 243.3 rwhp and 288 rwtq. i dont know how good or bad that is for the car. my plans are 70mm t/b trick flow plenum, stage 2 cams, 100 shot of spray and a good tune. also on the car i have a steeda auto timing adjustor i only use 93 octane gas, my adjustor is on the stock 10* can i squeeze a little bit of power out by going to 12 or 13 on it? let me know your thoughts guys!

·
Registered
444 Posts
So i just got back from the Dyno just to see what kind of numbers i put down. Mind you guys i dont have a good tune on her and i have the car was born in cali you should see the cats on it. It still has the stock exhaust on it. The car put down 243.3 rwhp and 288 rwtq. i dont know how good or bad that is for the car. my plans are 70mm t/b trick flow plenum, stage 2 cams, 100 shot of spray and a good tune. also on the car i have a steeda auto timing adjustor i only use 93 octane gas, my adjustor is on the stock 10* can i squeeze a little bit of power out by going to 12 or 13 on it? let me know your thoughts guys!
Those sound like some solid numbers to me:cool:

·
MM's Ginger
3,250 Posts
i thoguht they would be better

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Nice Starting Point.

With the added fuel and maybe a few deg advanced should yield some better numbers the exhaust is deff not helping by any means either.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Those are really good numbers for just a pi swap. With my pi swapped gt I had I only put down around 230rwhp. I had the honeycomb from one of my cats (bassani x) clogging up the pipe too though at the time of the dyno. Solid number though man.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
damn 280?! what do i have to do to make that? im thinking stage 2 cams, exhaust and a good tune. then some spray!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
It was pretty simple
-95 npi crown vic bottom end
-02 GT PI heads
-Comp 270's
Beehive springs
a throttle body and plenum...
and a tune

still has stock headers on it.. so that will be worth probably 15 horses right there..

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im very jealous of you my friend i cant wait to cams and exhaust. i bet yours sounds nasty. problem is i have a guy who wants to trade me his 93 cobra with a fully built 306 in it putting 340 at the rear and 390 tq. im kinda debating haha. what would you do?

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
im very jealous of you my friend i cant wait to cams and exhaust. i bet yours sounds nasty. problem is i have a guy who wants to trade me his 93 cobra with a fully built 306 in it putting 340 at the rear and 390 tq. im kinda debating haha. what would you do?
As clean as your SN looks i would keep it.I love Fox's and all but i would take a clean SN any day over a Fox.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
^^ im with 330cube.... now if his was 96ish cobra.. id jump on that!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha i hear ya guys. im havin ga hard time with the decision. So i bought a new o/r h-pipe today cant wait to bolt her on tomorrow!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So i already installed it tonight. It was a piece of cake though it was a little pain on the passenger side but no biggie. She sounds great and has a little more pull to her cant wait to get cams and take her to the dyno!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
oh i will! btw how many miles are our motors good for? im pushing 119000 right now just wondering

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
oh i will! btw how many miles are our motors good for? im pushing 119000 right now just wondering
Thats a hard question to answer i have seen 4.6 modular motors in the 450k Range before Dieing.But have seen some go with less then 80k, lol it all depends on Maint.Driving style.Power etc etc.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
thats not bad for no more than you have. get the induction opened up and you will see better gains. you could always modify the stock mid pipe after the cats, do shorty's, and do a cat back as well if you wanted to do exhaust. i would wait to mess with the timing till you get the plenum and T/B and see where you afr's are at. when you go to tune it, start tweaking on it then. if doing a full tune on it, youwont need that adjuster.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts