Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, its been awhile since i been on here. i miss it ( college has me sidetracked). I have recently slapped a vortech on the stang ( march) i am still on stock injectors but bought a set of 30lbrs and a maching maf. i dynoed 285whp and 321 tq. thats without the injectors and maf. so my question is, should i install them and retune with them ? what could i possibly expect because if im only going to see 5 or 10 hp i want to get a little smaller pulley but if i can get more than that i think that ill wait on the pulley due to me still havin the original t5 and stuff. oh and the tune right now is with fuel pressure, no chip. so the next tune will be chipped. so any ideas of what i could open it up to would be awesome. thanks.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Short story..
If your A/F ratio with the smaller injectors was fine at that power level, you don't need new injectors.
Long story..
If your A/F was close or you are reducing timing or something to make it "safer" the larger injectors could be an improvement after a tune. Running a little lean and with more timing can make more power but it comes at the increased risk of pre-ignition, specially with a non inter-cooled SC. That being said, with the larger injectors on you could actually lose some HP but you could have a safer tune. You could lean it out a little and gain it back but your net gain would be nothing.

The decision to get bigger injectors really depends on the duty cycle of your current injectors at your max power and your A/F or if you plan on adding things to make even more power in the future that those injectors will not support. New injectors themselves will not add power.

Do you have an FMU or what is your base feul pressure? 285RWHP seems like a lot for 19# injectors.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fmu right now. my injectors are maxed and i didnt like the a/f curve even tho it was damn good with just fuel pressure. but my question is. will i be happy with the ability to run it and not worry about it. now im shifting at 5 grand to avoid going to lean and its stupid. so im going to pull the fmu and thro the injectors and maf on. basically should i pulley it up another pound or so im onley puttin 4 pounds of boost in it now. i want some more if its safe to run.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Swap to the 30's. I've personally had some idle issues with 30's but others run them fine with out additional tuning. It depends on your heads and cam but shifting at 5k would suck. That is where the centrifugal SC's are doing their best work.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so i can pull the fmu and install the 30s and maf with no tune. so starting it and movin aoround the garage or on a trailer will be ok?

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
Dude save your money if your going to pulley up. Ditch the injectors and maf get 42's and go with 10psi and get that tune. Your car is making great power for the minimal mods. 10psi could see you with 350 plus man.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well since i have already bought them im going to use them i got an awesome deal on them. I will use the 30s weather or not i should pulley it to 8 is my question. i dont wanna put ten in it yet.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Dude save your money if your going to pulley up. Ditch the injectors and maf get 42's and go with 10psi and get that tune. Your car is making great power for the minimal mods. 10psi could see you with 350 plus man.
+1, bigger injectors/maf, smaller pulley, tune

1 - 9 of 9 Posts