Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says I am getting my car dyno tuned. I have a Brenspeed in the car now and I just don't care for it at all. I feel like it lacks power.

I have 4.10s but I didn't install them yet is my HP going to be the same with the stock 3.55s or will I gain more HP with them in?

Also What kind of Whp and torque do you think I will be making with the mods listed below.

Detroit Rocker Cams
FRPP Intake Maifold
Pypes LTs w/ xpipe no cats
Basanni 3" cat-back
JLT CAI
FRPP UDP's

Just for shits and giggles I will send $10 via paypal for who ever is closest to the WHP and torque the car makes.

Goal is to make 350whp.

Few pictures of the car.

I will post the dyno graph on Wednesday night along with a video of the car on the dyno.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'd say around 330 rwhp and 325 rwtq.

·
Registered
272 Posts
336 rwhp, 319 rwtq...

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it will be on a Dynojet with SAE correction.

I saw a few people making 330 whp with Detroit Rocker Cam, Pypes LTs and JLT intake.

But I guess we will see on wednesday. If I don't make it to 350whp I will be adding a 100 shot of nitrous.

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
We have almost the same mod's, check my signature...

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
I guess 337whp and 322tq

·
Registered
237 Posts
326rwhp, 312rwtq.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I do not understand why, but I have heard from several shops that higher gears will negatively effect HP readings-dont know for a fact however

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
yup higher(#) gears will decrease hp but feel like you got more. I don't think the hp loss is from the weight, i am pretty sure it's from the extra friction caused by more teeth ;)

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
no I wasn't . I read a article where kenne bell was testing there new blower on a super snake i think and they did mention in that article about the friction and the hp loss in higher gears. I could most definetly be wrong, its been know to happen befor just ask my wife:) Mabey you could enlighten us on how the ratio effects it ? were all here to learn:)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts