Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
reeking havoc
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the track couple weeks back. They werent giving any timeslips out that night. I hit a best of 12.96 at 104. im not too sure about the mph since my buddies werent really paying attention to that, just the times. there was a mobile dynojet there, so i threw my car on there for one run. car got 261 hp 270 torque. my mods are hitech stage 2 cams, longtubes off road hpipe, 75mm tb with c&l plenum, stock pullies stock intake and NO TUNE :bash:!!!! what do you guys think of my times with 261 hp????

·
Mr. Stangarang
2,620 Posts
You're in the 12's with no power adder, I'd say that's pretty damn good. Your sig says that you run spray, were you on that pass? I don't think 260hp will get you into the 12's without slicks.

·
reeking havoc
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i do have the graph as well. the guy only took it up to 5500 where it started to lean out. i think i could have hit a little higher number like 280hp

·
reeking havoc
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You're in the 12's with no power adder, I'd say that's pretty damn good. Your sig says that you run spray, were you on that pass? I don't think 260hp will get you into the 12's without slicks.
no spray yet, its sitting in my room. yea i was on slicks with big and littles launching at about 4500. time for a tune and see what kind of numbers i pull out. and only suspension mod was a set of kyp gas adjust out back and removed sway up front, 100% stock suspension up front well minus sway bar

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
i have 259/302 with most of the bolt ons and LTs with a bama tune. you should be above that by more than 2hp and way more tq than that. i would invest in a tune of some sort...

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Car should be in the 290rwhp range. Cant believe you're running without a tune and beating on the car.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
maybe he is talking about the 1/8th mile? :dunno :lol

he might be a pro at launching and really fast shifts? that number does seem really low though

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
kinda odd though, most boosted cars here with 380whp+ only run high 12's? anyone else confused here lol?
He was on slicks/skinnies. Full bolt on cammed cars on slicks/skinnies usually run high 12s. With out a time slip you cant tell what the car was doing off the line or mid track. What track doesnt give out timeslips?

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
He was on slicks/skinnies. Full bolt on cammed cars on slicks/skinnies usually run high 12s. With out a time slip you cant tell what the car was doing off the line or mid track. What track doesnt give out timeslips?
a questionable one lol, why I said post timeslip or this all us jacking off in the wind lmao,btw no tune with cams sounds a lil risky in my opinion at WOT

·
reeking havoc
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
kinda odd though, most boosted cars here with 380whp+ only run high 12's? anyone else confused here lol?
Hard for me to believes too with 261 hp . I can guarantee you I ran 12.9. these were my times as I remember them first 13.2 13.0 13.1 12.9 13.0 12.9 ... no slips that night their system was Down or something..

And yes I beat the **** out of my car with no tune and have been for 3 years

·
reeking havoc
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm questioning the dyno here I think my car has more than 261 hp

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Hard for me to believes too with 261 hp . I can guarantee you I ran 12.9. these were my times as I remember them first 13.2 13.0 13.1 12.9 13.0 12.9 ... no slips that night their system was Down or something..

And yes I beat the **** out of my car with no tune and have been for 3 years
well wouldnt be insane higher than what you said, I know a few 2v's with similiar mods as you with ported heads and cams and were all 300-340whp range depending on supporting mods, again that was with ported heads though.

·
reeking havoc
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't even know what my 60 foot times were. I'm telling you no time slips this night.

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
if your car has what you say it has, id think it would be 270ish without the tune, but i could be wrong. and idk how safe it is running with no tune, but you have been doing it for 3 years :dunno

id honestly be pissed and probably not run that night. without slips how do you know how you are doing and what you need to improve and your RT? i know you had friends, but still. id be pissed.

·
reeking havoc
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
if your car has what you say it has, id think it would be 270ish without the tune, but i could be wrong. and idk how safe it is running with no tune, but you have been doing it for 3 years :dunno

id honestly be pissed and probably not run that night. without slips how do you know how you are doing and what you need to improve and your RT? i know you had friends, but still. id be pissed.
Racetrack is 2 hours away I wasn't going to just leave lol. Plus It really didn't matter to me. I improved .1 seconds I was just satisfied with breaking 12`s....

·
reeking havoc
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I got some videos at least off my phone. Ill upload them with the dyno graph too

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
no time slip no post :shiftyeyes

1 - 20 of 32 Posts