Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I'm running a bit lean - I've sent some info to Brenspeed so they can adjust my tune. Should give me about 30 more HP once we the A/F dialed in.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How did they measure A/F? A wideband in the midpipe or the tail pipe?
At the tail pipe - I have my gauge reading at the mid pipe but I didn't have them running because I was data logging.

Do you know if the readings from the tail pipe will be richer or leaner?

·
BWAL Is My Hero
15,891 Posts
After the cat's are saturated it should be fairly close. But it will read a bit leaner because the cat absorbs some hydrocarbon no matter what. Also , because of reversion, a tailpipe sensor will read even more lean.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
And the fact we have no idea what kind of sensor they were using, how old it is, what kind of care they take with it, when the last time it was calibrated. So it's really hard to just trust that their stuff is up to snuff... Ha Ha Ha. :p

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great feedback - exactly why I posted the numbers - I'm running 91 octane and live at over 6000 feet. I look forward to what Brenspeed has to say after looking at some of the info I sent them.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
The altitude isn't going to affect your numbers all that much. If you look at the graph you'll see the correction factor being applied at 125% of your real numbers. So the real numbers were pretty low 300s rwhp. Pretty crazy!

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
which shop did you take it to. my car is at the shop i told you about. has been there for a week i think. the 3.5 pulley is on the car now and the 3.25 is also in the car. told them i want to stay very close to 500 so i guess we'll see which one they end up using. if only i had LT's already.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
which shop did you take it to. my car is at the shop i told you about. has been there for a week i think. the 3.5 pulley is on the car now and the 3.25 is also in the car. told them i want to stay very close to 500 so i guess we'll see which one they end up using. if only i had LT's already.
The dyno graph says Wendz Racing. Brenspeed tuned it though.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I brought it to the place you told me about - Rocky Mountain Competitive Research.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
And the fact we have no idea what kind of sensor they were using, how old it is, what kind of care they take with it, when the last time it was calibrated. So it's really hard to just trust that their stuff is up to snuff... Ha Ha Ha. :p
Thanks Nasty - I have a gauge that I calibrated this morning. Running up and down the road it looks to be only a bit lean. I increased my fuel by 2% with my tuner and now it's about 11.7 at WOT.

This small change also made my backfires I had when I would start it go away as well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts