Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Keep in mind that albuquerque is. 5000ft above sea level...so anyway i went to the dyno drag event and my numbers came out to 153.xx/179.xx.(left the sheet. In. The car) which isnt too terrible for 2 boltons. Its about what the stockish 5.0/non p/i 4.6's put down. with this being the last dyno event of the year, I have I while to start modding to make power. Now I need help pricing, and sourcing parts. So all reccomendations are welcome as far as what to get and where to buy it. Next I want anoter u/d pulley(hopefully it lasts more than two years) and probably a windstar upper and intake spacer. With more to come after.

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
uncalled for.

nice numbers BPD. about time you got some up.

·
Banned
6 Posts
If you have the money to spend you could port and polish your heads and intakes. You'll see some good power gains from that most def. Give this site a look: Super Six Motorsports

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I never cared what it made before but now that I plan to sqeeze some na power outa it, it'll be nice to see the power progress. Would having my current heads/upper and lower intakes polished yield. better results than buying say a windstar upper and heads from ssms or somewhere?

·
Banned
6 Posts
I would say porting and polishing your current heads and intakes. Although the brand new heads would be really nice.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
A windstar upper is better than a ported stock one. And if you're getting your heads ported and polished idk if it would be worth it to do bigger valves or not since you're already doing machine work.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well ive got like 122k miles so between everything like heads, cam, intakes valves and 4.2 stroking etc...I'll have quite a few fresh parts by doing a n/a build. Also if I were to buy heads from one of the sites that make them for out cars, are theythe same as p&p stock heads. Or would they add more hp than p&p stockers.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
They would be the same. They're the same heads, it just depends what you pay to have done(ie. extent of porting, valves).

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
Keep in mind that albuquerque is. 5000ft above sea level...so anyway i went to the dyno drag event and my numbers came out to 153.xx/179.xx.(left the sheet. In. The car) which isnt too terrible for 2 boltons. Its about what the stockish 5.0/non p/i 4.6's put down. with this being the last dyno event of the year, I have I while to start modding to make power. Now I need help pricing, and sourcing parts. So all reccomendations are welcome as far as what to get and where to buy it. Next I want anoter u/d pulley(hopefully it lasts more than two years) and probably a windstar upper and intake spacer. With more to come after.
your sig says about 3-4bolt ons...which btw non pi's and 5.0s dont dyno that...there 180+

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
Yeah I never cared what it made before but now that I plan to sqeeze some na power outa it, it'll be nice to see the power progress. Would having my current heads/upper and lower intakes polished yield. better results than buying say a windstar upper and heads from ssms or somewhere?
if your interested in making some n/a power PM me if you have some cash and looking to save$$ and make power

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
your sig says about 3-4bolt ons...which btw non pi's and 5.0s dont dyno that...there 180+
I'm at an elevation of about 5k ...I'm sure corrected at a normal elevation would look something like that. In contrast a 93 cobra hit around 180. I say two boltons because I just have a cai and longtubes(ud pulley snapped), and because gears don't add power. And I'm sending you a pm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.