Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So finally have her together and running, going to the dyno this Friday (June 3rd) Hoping all goes well and I see 400ish rwhp on a MD600...any guesses on the number?

306/RPM heads/Speed-Pro pistons/girdled&ARP everything/custom cam/longtubes&hpipe/meth/novi 1000, pullied to 10lbs

Quick crappy iphone vid:

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
460 or so I assume. The meth is the best thing you could have done with a none intercooled centri car. You will love it. Keep slicks or big radials off the car if your actually concerned with numbers. Car should trap 124 plus all said and done with a decently steep gear.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Whats that going to cost you, Are you getting just one tune or multipole tunes burned?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He will burn me a few tunes onto the tweecer, $140/hour, however long it takes up to 4 hours...but probably only a couple hours

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
A spongy tire like a slick or radial will eat up a lot of hp on the dyno, some people care about numbers, so it's just a pointer.
well with 400-460rwhp he better have a good enough tire to get traction.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
What kind of boost do you actually get with the 10psi pulley? I'd say tuned to the point you require the methanol to prevent detonation, you could make 450-500 rwhp but the actual peak and the average above 4000 will depend on the cam. I need to get a methanol kit damn it.

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
I'm not saying he should rock an all season tire all the time. I'm saying for the dyno, a 275 street tire will make more hp, than a 275 radial. This is only advice for people chasing numbers.
I've always heard that be never thought it was true.

I remember when I had the stock heads/cam and my car made 230hp, had 235/60/15 radials on the car, I asked the guy if the tires where hurting the numbers due to more rolling resistance, and he said it wouldn't.

idk, when I went to the dyno last, I swapped on street tires for just that reason, (have a set of 10 hole rims with street tires for burnouts, haha)

and made GREAT numbers on the dyno, some said the dyno read high..... sooooo..... might be some truth in it.

·
Registered
7,599 Posts
I've always heard that be never thought it was true.

I remember when I had the stock heads/cam and my car made 230hp, had 235/60/15 radials on the car, I asked the guy if the tires where hurting the numbers due to more rolling resistance, and he said it wouldn't.

idk, when I went to the dyno last, I swapped on street tires for just that reason, (have a set of 10 hole rims with street tires for burnouts, haha)

and made GREAT numbers on the dyno, some said the dyno read high..... sooooo..... might be some truth in it.
Well If I was the operator I woulda said it wouldn't either, gotta keep the custys happy. I use to crave numbers when I was vorteched, but I learned they don't mean to much. Good for measuring change though for sure. Some dynos are happy and some dyno operators are happy.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts