Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While let me put this out here for all you gear heads who are smarter than me. What kind of HP difference will I see. My car is nothing crazy, just pi intake, pi cams, and a cai. And maybe a o/r pipe soon. Is the dyno time worth the extra money.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Not unless you are curious about how much power you are putting down. You have increased air flow but the computer can keep up with that. Otherwise the gains by a computer tune will be minimal.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yeah I'd wait on both until you go FI or with different heads, and then I'd go with the dyno. I got a diablow sport and wish I would have spent the money elsewhere. Even though its nice to play with shift points and fuel and all that nice stuff some 4.10s would have been more productive

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pretty sure i'm not making enough power to justify 500 bucks on the dyno to gain 10. Anyone know what i'll see from a bama tune. That is compared to the tunes that come is a sct tuner from the factory.

·
Registered
164 Posts
A can tune is a can tune IMO. From what I've read the "BAMA" thing isn't that impressive, not doing much more than the diablosport is without the hype, my predator with the 87 or 93 tune is more responsive and feels like a little bit of pickup in power on the 93 tune, but like I said before the money could have been better spent at this point. But if you're hell bent on getting a hand held I would talk to the local shops and see what programs they run, so when you get serious about mods and need a tune you will already be running the tuning program they need and get a proper tune, every car is different, theres no way they can accurately tune your car over the internet. But you'll be able to play with the settings a little bit and see what you can do, the learning curve isn't steep at all with the handhelds

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
I have an sct-- I guess it helped out some. IDK how to use it yet since my cars sucks balls. I wouldnt do the dyno tune yet man. It may just be a waste of money right now. Agree with above said

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i guess i pulled the trigger to soon cause i just had to have a tuner. But it was a used sct for a 100 bucks. I'm a little confused with these cars so many of the bolt ons are a waste of money. I think I need to save my cash for heads cams and gears. Or maybe a blower.

·
Granny Shifter
1,051 Posts
I don't feel the tuner was a waste for me. I went into it, with the idea of it being an enabler. It allowed me to bump the rev limiter to 7,500rpm, run 24lb injectors, run a lightning maf, turn off egr and rear O2's, and even run Comp XE274's. Without a Dyno Tune, it allowed me to run the parts I wanted, make reasonable power and have great drivability. Although I'm sure there was more power left in the tables, that can always be handled later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts