Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm debating. I have full bolt ons, and I've had the car dyno'd just for numbers (w/ email tune) before I did CMDPs and pullies. Got pretty good numbers, and I'm skeptical if spending $300 on a Dyno tune is worth it for the minimal power gains. Anyone go from one to the other and notice a huge difference?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
86 Posts
I picked up 5 hp and 5 ftq w/ dyno tune over Brenspeed canned tune. Where I go retunes are 1/2 price so its a little more palatable 150 for 5hp comparable to what you gain from pulleys if you do the install.

·
gtscrewd
5,228 Posts
Not unless yo go fi or do the cams you have posted about in the past.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The guy didn't use A/F sensors so I have no idea but since I've done cams my tailpipes are pretty much black from running so rich. So I'm thinking if nothing else a Dyno tune will really clean it up. Driveability is pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
I wish I only had to pay $300 for a dyno tune. Shelby Motorsports charges over $500 for a tune with F/I and cams. You can get a really good e-mail tunes if you spend the time data logging and communicating with your tuner. I even worked with Lethal Performance and Lund Racing with my first Whipple tune. And when I went to Shelby, they actually did very little tweaking to my e-mail tune. They said it was pretty spot on. I only went to Shelby mainly to get my tranny tuning worked on and get some actual torque and hp numbers so I could bench race.

Reactions: Bobotek

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good to know thanks guys. i think im gonna go for it for the sake of knowing its been done and is spot on. Not planning on modding for power any further (unfortunately...).

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
email tunes work great especially when you datalog and work with your tuner (as someone already said) but since you have done cams i think you will be glad you took it and got the dyno tune.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts