Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally had a chance to finish my dyno tune.
Weather was shitty to be doing pulls, even showing lower numbers now I still picked up 14hp and 11 torque.
All this after a 6hr. drive with about 1 1/2 hr. cool down.

Track times coming Saturday weather permitting.

Temp 84*
Humidity 44%

·
Registered
175 Posts
Where did they dyno it? Certainly you can't get from LA to NJ in 6 hours, but then again you have a supercharged stroker :D

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice! Why did they use STD though? I thought JDM usually uses SAE for their graphs.
Don't know why he did that.

Where did they dyno it? Certainly you can't get from LA to NJ in 6 hours, but then again you have a supercharged stroker :D
Jim Sr. came down to Houston and dynoed the car at Strictly Performance shop.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
nice man! but where is the torque goin?!

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Im not trying to be a debby downer and I realize dyno numbers are just numbers...but damn, those are low numbers for what you're running..

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dammit how much extra did that cost you
He comes down fairly often, you just have to catch him at the right time.
Just pay for regular dyno tune.($350)

nice man! but where is the torque goin?!
If you look to the left by the torque line it drops less than 50lbs.

Im not trying to be a debby downer and I realize dyno numbers are just numbers...but damn, those are low numbers for what you're running..
I know what your talking about, I thought the numbers would be higher (they were last time even with the converter unlocking) but it is what it is.
We'll see what it does at the track this weekend weather permitting.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Did you ask Jim why the numbers were on the low side? Did the car take timing alright? .. or were the knock sensors going nuts and pulling tons of timing? etc

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you ask Jim why the numbers were on the low side? Did the car take timing alright? .. or were the knock sensors going nuts and pulling tons of timing? etc
Timing stayed at 17.8, only thing I can see is the weather was just shitty for the pulls.

Another car similar to mine is "Tigerhonaker" except he has the FRPP throttle body and Manual and he put down 530 in better weather to my 514 with an AUTO.
He also gained nearly 45rwhp by removing the air filter, so at this boost level it looks like that's a major restriction.

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
did you get more than one tune? your numbers look similar to mine on my street 93 tune.. I had him do a 112 and a 116 tune for the strip... weather makes a big difference in the numbers... but your car will be around those temps when you race... but I think you should be a little higher due to the cams... get your ass to the strip and put down some solid runs then you will know where your at!!!!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
did you get more than one tune? your numbers look similar to mine on my street 93 tune.. I had him do a 112 and a 116 tune for the strip... weather makes a big difference in the numbers... but your car will be around those temps when you race... but I think you should be a little higher due to the cams... get your ass to the strip and put down some solid runs then you will know where your at!!!!
Only have this one tune for now, looking at the track website they will be closed this Saturday, so hopefully I can get off work Wednesday and go make a few runs for T-N-T

1 - 14 of 14 Posts