Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had my first dyno pulls today. I was really hoping she would put down 400 but I guess you can't always get what you want. Im happy with the numbers though especially with how warm it was today, so I guess I can't complain. Final numbers were 386 RWHP and 381 FT/LB TRQ.

·
Don't BAAAAH 'Til Goatsday
6,530 Posts
that stock 2.5 inch piping from your x pipe to your axel backs probly is costing you 10 hp. 386 on that set up tho is awsome!

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Changing out the piping is on my to do list, just have to get around to it.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Sweet! I'd be happy with that. I'm with you though, I'd be happier with 400 or more though.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I've got a couple in my garage and a few floating around the boards here. I'm hoping to get some new ones soon.

·
Registered
42 Posts
That's not bad at all. Especially bringing the torque up there. Where'd you dyno at and what type of dyno? Was that a 5th gear pull?

I'd really like to see a stock with tune and just CAI and tune dyno difference.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got it done at Dyno Tuned Performance in VA beach, from Sean Kelly. I believe it was a 5th gear pull but now that I think about it I never asked. Im confident Sean knows what hes doing though considering hes got the fastest A/T 5.0 in the country.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Get a better tune. Bama tunes are always weak. Get a Lund or Torq tune.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I seriously doubt there is anything off with the tune but you can always datalog and send it back to Bama. Looks like great numbers to me though. Have you run the 1/4 yet?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Trying to head to the track tonight if the weather will hold out.

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
Very nice. If only my car had that much power...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Looks like DTP uses a dyno dynamics dynomater which is known as the "heartbreak dyno".lol. they are notorious for much lower numbers than a mustang or dynojet. All things equal I think you would be right under or slightly over 400hp on a dynojet. Tq probably wouldn't change much.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Looks like DTP uses a dyno dynamics dynomater which is known as the "heartbreak dyno".lol. they are notorious for much lower numbers than a mustang or dynojet. All things equal I think you would be right under or slightly over 400hp on a dynojet. Tq probably wouldn't change much.
If different dynos measure different power numbers then wouldn't that make dyno numbers relative? If one dyno reads 350 and another reads 380, does that mean your car is making more power? Not at all. It's just the number is different. I've never understood why what dyno you test on really matters.

·
Registered
42 Posts
If different dynos measure different power numbers then wouldn't that make dyno numbers relative? If one dyno reads 350 and another reads 380, does that mean your car is making more power? Not at all. It's just the number is different. I've never understood why what dyno you test on really matters.
Well, for just doing a dyno pull for hp/tq numbers it doesn't really matter except for bragging rights. Then of course you could always do what edmunds/insideline 11 GT testers did and dyno in 4th gear which is not 1:1 and report 395rwhp for a bone stock coyote then after you got caught erroneously reporting the numbers say the "production" car you got next was about 20hp less than the previous testing you did.

AFAIK when it comes to actual Dyno tuning, A Dynojet or a Mustang Dyno will give you the most reliable parameters to safely tune your vehicle to it's full potential for real world application. I use the term safely, loosely.

Granted, I am not a "tuner" by any means and I am basing my opinion on the works of people I have met through the years that are very passionate about these kind of things.

PS: I am learning a lot of new things about this coyote that are very new to me, ie: for one, how hyper sensitive the knock sensor is so people can run run 87 in it and not have to have ford putting a new engine in because they are to cheap to run 91/93.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
We have one of the fastest Automatic 2011's in the country on stock trans with the mods we have. Our tunes have proven the same if not more powerful as others via dyno results posted on forums, sent back to us, track results, etc. We're SCT's largest dealer in the country. Different strokes for different folks. Just because YOU'RE happier with one vendor, doesn't mean a thing. I'll bet you I can find someone who crossed over from whoever's tune file you're running to ours and is happier.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
It's an Eddy-Current style dyno like a Mustang dyno would be, so with that into account, plus the fact that it's an automatic transmission and was pulled in 5th... that's decent numbers! It's probably a 390RWHP-400RWHP all day long in 4th gear on a Dynojet!

More importantly.. how does the car feel?

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
We have one of the fastest Automatic 2011's in the country on stock trans with the mods we have. Our tunes have proven the same if not more powerful as others via dyno results posted on forums, sent back to us, track results, etc. We're SCT's largest dealer in the country. Different strokes for different folks. Just because YOU'RE happier with one vendor, doesn't mean a thing. I'll bet you I can find someone who crossed over from whoever's tune file you're running to ours and is happier.
Both of you are wrong. Justin @ VMP Tuning is the one to use.

By the way does anyone know what the last times he ran were? I think it was 9.7 or something.

:D :D

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's an Eddy-Current style dyno like a Mustang dyno would be, so with that into account, plus the fact that it's an automatic transmission and was pulled in 5th... that's decent numbers! It's probably a 390RWHP-400RWHP all day long in 4th gear on a Dynojet!

More importantly.. how does the car feel?
My car is not an auto, but to answer your question it feels like a beast. Im happy with the numbers but like everyone you always want more.

By the way Chris whats going on with the "ghost cam" tune. Sure is taking forever for you guys to release it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts