Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Rent Asunder!
11,806 Posts
Ok. Yeah, your 60ft is hurting you but you're picking up good mph on the top end. The problem with drag radials on a FWD is if you do get them to hook, they'll tend to wheel hop. My 12.93 @ 105mph 1/4 pass was with a 1.91 60ft and 8.29 @ 86mph 1/8th mile. My best 1/8th pass of 7.71 @ 94mph was with a 1.68 60ft. It sucks there's no selection for slicks in your wheel size.

Are you launching on a 2-step?

·
Pawsitively sexy
10,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Ok. Yeah, your 60ft is hurting you but you're picking up good mph on the top end. The problem with drag radials on a FWD is if you do get them to hook, they'll tend to wheel hop. My 12.93 @ 105mph 1/4 pass was with a 1.91 60ft and 8.29 @ 86mph 1/8th mile. My best 1/8th pass of 7.71 @ 94mph was with a 1.68 60ft. It sucks there's no selection for slicks in your wheel size.

Are you launching on a 2-step?
It's sort of like a two-step. It's the stock launch control Chevy gave it. No boost build up, just holds RPM's. On that 13.19 run I had it at 2900 rpms and it was sluggish, but zero wheel spin. Bumped it too high the next run at 4k and lit them up out of the gate for a 13.3x... The last run where I'd gotten a 2 flat was at 3600 rpms and I let the clutch out pretty slow. Then loss of power happened and I called it a day. Nobody was running good times, and it wasn't worth it to me to possibly mess something up.

I'm going to take it more seriously next time. I was kind of cocky about it. Trunk had my cooler with a bunch of drinks and ice in it and two lawn chairs. I was running the same 34psi in the DR's that I run on the street too. Stupid little things on my part.

The big positive of the day was that these trans mounts have eliminated hop completely. Very happy about that.

·
More average than ever
2,970 Posts
I wish my mach made those numbers. I have no clue what it makes, I don't know of any dynos in my area or what they would charge.

·
Pawsitively sexy
10,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I have a bunch of dyno's in my area. lol. Yet no real local car scene. The numbers won't really mean much till I get back on the Dyno with the new turbo and can compare. But it is nice to have a number to throw out at people.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

21 - 25 of 25 Posts